Connecting to hosts outside my geofilter

Hi Guy's,

I am connecting to hosts outside of my geofilter, i have read the FAQ for this issue and followed all the steps and it still has not resolved my problem.

Can someone please guide me in how to fix this problem.

1) My ping assist service is set to PS4 and play station network.

2) Ping assist is at 40

3) My home location for the geofilter is set in my state in the country which i live.

It"s really annoying and unfair due to the fact i am playing opponents not near me.

Thanks guys.

Hi

Which game are you playing?

If it's BO 3

Put your PA to 0

Put your GF set to around a 1000km

The Nerduma won't stop you connecting to dedis you can only temp ban them

I have mine at 0 set in the NW of the U.K. And generally connect to the servers in France and occasionally to the South Coast,which are all in my GF range

Zennon,

I set the ping assist to "0" and still didn't work. Now i am not finding any opponents at all.

As requested please see below.

What firmware version are you on? (Check at bottom of any page on the R1. If lower than 1.03.6 please follow upgrade instructions here first) =      1.03.6g

What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? Symmetrical download and upload 7.65 Mbps

What is your current setup? E.g. ISP hub/modem (Specify model) > R1 > all devices = My ISP has provided me with a switch Brand name: one access model no :1424. The connection is done though the PPPoe authentication through the R1 wan settings.

What is your specific issue? (Provide as many details as possible. If it is a lag issue include the screenshots from here in your post) = When ping assist is set to "0" i cant find any opponents and when i set ping assist to 40 i am finding opponents in near by states and no opponents in my own state. My home location is set correctly and in my own state.

Any other information (such as settings you may have previously tried). = I have done a factory reset on the R1 twice and turned off the isp's switch and reset that as well.

Please let me know what to do Zennon,

Thank you.

If this is this is with the Dlc installed on bops 3 Xbox one then I have the same issue.

No European servers only two showing USA and Australia.

I think the US server may be European miss allocated let me check now.

If you wait it out it does make you host.

Or delete or move the Dlc file to an external and try the normal Irish server.

Zennon,

I am from Australia and playing fifa 16.

Ok I had not seen your post saying that before i pressed post on my phone.

I would try what i have just done to fix my issue with the bops 3 dlc on xbox.

That is look for paddocks outside your geo click on them and ping them if they ping low then it will be miss allocated.

I do not know much about fifa 16 is there any servers in AUS ?

DLC downloadable content but that was my issue not yours.

It may take a while to find games when you filter because there might be a low population playing fifa in AUS at the moment is my guess.

Zennon,

this has been happening all weekend. my friends play the same game and they have not had this problem.

i must leave now, please inform me on how to fix this problem i am so disadvantaged because of it.

I will respond to your posts once i see them.

I'm getting same problem. I'm in England an still connecting to usa. Says host is 4452 miles away. Have geo filter on an strict mode on. Having problems every weak since bought it. Don't realy no alot about routers until bought r1. Does work if don't keep getting problems. Black ops 3 dat is. Only game I play.

plumbit could you take screen shots of your host filtering set up please.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_take_a_screen_shot

dean have you made your own thread following the post template?

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/

Partly correct find a thread to see if you can find an answer or you have to start your own thread if you want to talk about your issue as it would be hard to follow with many users asking for advice in one thread.

But guy's the wiki has all the information you could ever ask for and should be the first place you go for information.

Why am I connecting to hosts outside of the geofilter

:)

plumbit could you take screen shots of your host filtering set up please.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_take_a_screen_shot

dean have you made your own thread following the post template?

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/

Zennon,

due to work commitments i can not put a time frame to when i can post what you have asked for.

I will try my upmost best to do this as soon as possible.

Is that okay? does this thread/post have a time limit before you stop monitoring it?

I'm getting same problem. I'm in England an still connecting to usa. Says host is 4452 miles away. Have geo filter on an strict mode on. Having problems every weak since bought it. Don't realy no alot about routers until bought r1. Does work if don't keep getting problems. Black ops 3 dat is. Only game I play.

Hi Dean,

I feel your pain, i hope you get your problem soughted out very soon.

Best of luck.

So how do I start my own tread then. Dosnt really say how. Iv been looking on here an none ov wiki stuff has worked for me. Didn't want to ask same qwestion as sumone has already arskd . Seems daft. So confusing.

Hi fank u for dat means alot. Hope u get sorted soon as wel.

Archived