help when playing with friend.

ccheng187

I have friends I game with in the states (Im in the UK) to get them into my party I switch off the geo filter then invite them, click on the red circle that is them then rate them at 100% and click update. Switch the geo filter back on again and not had to mess about again as the ranking of 100% means they are always allowed past the filter.

• Netduma Staff

Forget to mention it connect me outside of geofilter even when im the host.

First of all, is the GeoFilter definitely enabled? The button underneath the device at the top of the page should say "Disable". Secondly, what version are you running? If you haven't upgraded, upgrading might fix your problem.

If you have already upgraded, make sure that you have strict mode enabled so you won't connect to hosts outside of the GeoFilter. Also remember that if you are using Ping Assist on the new version, that you could be connecting because of that.

Finally, try going to Settings >> Miscellaneous and press the "Apply" button underneath the cloud settings. This is only if you are on a newer version though. I would recommend upgrading as it will probably fix the issue.

I did all that, ps4 service enabled, .7, no pa. It work fine by myself not when im playing with a friend. so is it necessary to add him to the allow list even he live a mile from me?

Another thing is, we cant join game sometime even our nat type is both open In codaw, anything im missing here?

sometime its fixed by rebooting the r1, but is it normal for r1 to lose all the settings?

Guest Netduma_Iain

You should always reboot the router using the reboot button if you don't want to lose any settings. The router saves it settings every hour so if you pull the power out it will lose last hours settings. You should definitely add your friend to the allow list, that way you can move your home around if you want.

Also please make sure you select the PA service. Even if you don't want it, you can set it to 0ms.

Finally if you don't see the PA service you may need to hard refresh press "Ctrl + F5" please

So we make a private match and it show that he is in texas which is 1000 mile away when we are in oregon a mile away, why is that and how accurate is the host location?

Not sure if how you'd do this. What i did was having him make a private match, then i disable geofilter and the large circle would be him right?

Guest Netduma_Iain

The accuracy is within around 100km although sometimes ISPs move stuff around local areas. Yeah I'd just add him to the allow list then you're sorted!

Incorrect locations will be sorted in next version using the new IDs

Sorry but now i got a real problem. This happen too when i first got the modem, didnt know what happen the first time but it work after 2 days, been using this for a month now and is happening again. I didnt change anything major and now nothing is showing up on the goefilter. Also my home location wont save, lets say it start at newyork i moved it to where i want, if i go to change something else and come back itll reset back to default.

Please help?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Could you try disabling then re-enabling the geo-filter and see if that fixes it please. Worst case scenario try rebooting then toggling your geo-filter. Remember to reboot using "Settings > Misc" reboot as it will save your settings.

I did all that no luck, as this seems like my ps4 is not communicating with the r1 even i select ps4 service? Idk, am i the only one with this problem?

I get on this forum just about everyday and havent seen anything like this.

Guest Netduma_Iain

It sounds like you've selected the wrong device. The best way to confirm this, is to play a game then go to you "Network Monitor" and see the colour of the device using the Internet. That device should be your play station. So make sure you picked the right one mate.

You should always reboot the router using the reboot button if you don't want to lose any settings. The router saves it settings every hour so if you pull the power out it will lose last hours settings. You should definitely add your friend to the allow list, that way you can move your home around if you want.

Also please make sure you select the PA service. Even if you don't want it, you can set it to 0ms.

Finally if you don't see the PA service you may need to hard refresh press "Ctrl + F5" please

Why would you always want to use PA service and put it at 0 to disable it?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Because the other service is obsolete in version 1.02.7, i.e. it doesn't work. But picking PA and settings 0ms achieves the same thing if you don't like PA for some reason. 

Ok i unplug my r1 only my laptop and ps4 showing up, i select ps4 ,ps4pa. monitor shows red = ps4 is using internet 1-2 mb. Even it said ps4 is connect with the same ps4 ip address wired. Still nothing showing up on geofilter, any idea?

Ok sorry for all this, i did what crossy said. "go to misc and press apply under cloud setting" but i didnt change anything except press apply, but why it fixed it, is it a bug?

One last thing, should i enable bleeding edge cloud?

Ty crossy and netduma team for answering. Awsome device regardless. As you can tell im pretty desperate cuz i been exposed to good connection now and dont want to game without r1.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheng, don't worry we will fix it.

Ok can you try the following please and see if it helps:

• Go to "Settings > LAN" and disable IPv6
  • Go to "Settings > WAN" and disable IPv6
  • Go to "Settings > Misc" and disable linklocal

If its still not working, try any other device e.g. your phone and connect to 192.168.88.1, then see if you can see the dots then? If you can see the dots on the phone BUT not the PC its 100% your anti-virus, adware blocker or firewall causing the problem so try disabling them please.

Archived