• Netduma Staff

I don't think I am going to be the only one that does this, but when ever I make a change on the router settings, I always refresh the page after to make sure it has "stuck". I don't mean the pages such as "Host Filtering" and "Congestion Control", but pages like the Miscellaneous or when editing the device manager.

Its amazing that everything has been made so that when you do something it happens straight away and obviously this is 100% necessary for pages like host filtering and congestion control, but I think for pages like the the ones I mentioned above, it would actually be more beneficial to have a button that when you click saves the settings and refreshes that page so that the user knows that the settings have gone through.

Throughout the rest of the settings, it seams pretty universal that there is an apply button, but there are only some pages that refresh once pushing it, and none of them actually give a message or a pop up telling you that they have been saved or that the settings were applied successfully.

So yeah, thats all I have to say :D Basically, just a more universal settings page where everything is in the same format, in my optioning, preferably a more standard approach to saving settings (an ally button which refreshes the page so that you know 100% they have gone through) instead of the current way on some of the pages of doing it "Live". I think that all of them, when you press the "Apply" button should give you some sort of confirmation, telling you the settings have saved.

I'm sure some people will agree with me (I hope :) ) and some people won't, but feel free to post below what you think about this. It was just something that came to mind when I was having some little issues with the R1.  :)

I'm OK with the way it is, I like the live changes and I trust Iain's code enough that I don't double check a setting change when I do it. 

Although I must admit I did do a few double checks when I first got the router :P

Archived