Internet speed slowing down badly

Hi I am having problems with the R1, this started with the last update. I need to reboot the R1 couple of times a day to get my speed back to what is supposed to be. It happens when you are watching a video in youtube or trying to do a download from a web page; it starts buffering and the speed slows down. If I check the speed it gives me very slow speeds; I have 75/11 and get 2 or less down; the upload stays at 11 most of the times. Once it reboots it goes back to normal, but it may happen again in just a few minutes. It is getting kind of annoying. I do not have any other router connected just a cable modem and the R1. I do have my old netgear router and if I connect it, I do not get the problem. Hopefully this can be fixed, I do like the R1 and would hate to go back to any of the other routers.

I have been using the CM600 with the R1 for several months now without any issues.   It sounds like you might be getting wifi interference.  I had a similar issue when I first got the R1 where my neighbor was using the same wifi channel.  I used an Android app called Wifi Analyzer to look at all my channels.  I then changed the R1 wifi channel to a channel with less interference. This solved the issue for me.

Do you live in an apartment, dorm, condo, etc. with lots of neighbors, wifi and possible interference?

Sorry for taking this long, working. The test have been done using Ethernet connection not Wireless.

1.- 1.03.6g

2.- Slow download speed

3.- ISP / Netgear C600 (Modem) / R1 / all devices

4.- Down speed should be 75 Mbps only getting 32. Upload speed are OK, getting 12 Mbps.

5.- I have changed Wifi channel using Wifi analytics app. I have rebooted modem and router; I did an factory reset to the R1.

Still getting low download speeds.

PS. I did call Comcast for them to check from their end. They'll send a technician this Sunday afternoon. 

• Administrators

Thanks for the extra info. The Comcast technician will probably not be able to do much and just blame the R1 which may be the case depending on settings.

In set bandwidth set it to 200/200 and allow it to auto setup. 

Then put in your normal speeds and don't allow it to auto setup. You should have full speeds.

I did set the bandwidth like above and same results 30 Mbps down; Comcast tech came by, he put an amplifier on the line and same results. Line seemed to have good signal. I installed old Netgear router and got same results. The tech said he was going to have to call dispatch and have a lineman come and check. The tech is a young guy from Ukraine, very thick accent. I thought he was gone and then I saw him climbing a ladder on the pole; he replaced the cable from the pole to my house. Then he told me that they had placed 3 houses, mine included, in one exit. He put me in my own exit. Long story short my internet is now 85 down 12 up! 

So it was not the modem nor the R1. Thanks to this tech that did not gave up and continue troubleshooting my internet has been restore to what I am paying for.  Hopefully it will stay like that for a long time (And Comcast does not find out and change it), fingers crossed.  :)

Archived