Swapping Profiles

There's definitely something badly wrong with the profiles.

For a week (since my post above) I've been using my 'BO3' custom profile, I've made a few tweaks to it along the way (balance of priorities), I flick between that custom profile and the default non-gaming profile -  doing it this way I have to reset the priorities, change it to reactive and click the 'share' tick because they're not part of the default non-gaming profile which is not ideal but I can't get two custom profiles to interact with one another at all.

Anyway, it's been fine the whole time until today...

All of a sudden it's started giving me 'duplicate' error messages and now it's changing a variety of things, the ticks: kilometre, auto-ping, legend, dormant (perhaps they are not supposed to be remembered by the profiles anyway, I don't know), it now loads an empty hyperlane, removes my X1 from Geo Services, loses my home location sometimes, take your pick, it could be anything it seems.

I've deleted it and recreated it (dozens of times), very carefully checking every setting, but it makes no difference as it's got a mind of it's own.

Sometimes it clashes, sometimes it loads 'successfully' but it still wipes or changes a variety of things even though there's no error message.

So it's kind of pointless using the profiles because I have to check every setting to be sure even if it doesn't throw up the error message now.

It's no major problem anyway, I don't really mind setting it up each time - I just wanted to make you guys aware that it not functioning properly.

It doesn't really make sense to have to think about which parts of the profile you want to load to avoid clashes (which I assume is what's happening), if I played several different games on different consoles with different NetDuma settings for each then I'd never remember which game needed what settings ticked dependant on what profile I was using before I switched to another.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding how they are supposed to work (which is entirely possible).

Archived