just a thing iv noticed on blk ops3 pvp

when i connect to mp it always has a number then a letter e at the end now according to the forum here its a dedicated server now this server number changes but still theres an e at the end so clearly theres a server farm/cluster of servers and all based in london (or the ones i connect to are) there also seems to be servers in ireland (more on this later) now i decided to trace this london server as i was wondering how im still getting spanish/french even swedish (wtf) players in my lobby when netduma is supposed to eliminate this distance thing.

right i traced the host and it went to london so no shock there then and then it suprisingly bounced straight over to europe and connected to another server cluster there so it seems that there are dedis for blk ops 3 , unless im missing something ? , either way this explains why im still getting ppl from france/spain etc in my lobbies .

ok we can temp ban (what exactly is the point of a temp ban ?) poor servers but if the farm/cluster is going to bounce me to europe anyways theres no point in banning this also means the general clause/excuse of its a server problem comes into play lmfao .

as for the irish servers my location is set to off the coast of northern ireland to try and eliminate europe and now we know thats not working and yes pa is strict and zero btw and just what is pa is it ping assist ? how the hell can i do that if there ping is poor then its poor and if i reduce my radius to block london i might aswell go to bed as it wont find a game.

on the upside when theres a few of us playing ie 4 or more we cant get into a lobby and i game with ppl from london to the outer scottish islands but if we all back out and join on me so im party leader its almost instant that we get a game , work that one out ?.

im also wondering (thinking on it) if the trace/ping host is just hitting the isp hub ?

just a few thoughts after another cod session when i see the guy and im firing first and i die and as i die even on hardcore i get hitmarkers i kid you not .........

The trace route feature is often inacurate and Iain has always said do not rely on that to diagnose your connection. It sounds like the netduma is doing just as advertised by getting you connected to a local host/server. It is impossible to stop people outside the geo range connecting to your local host/server. That is down to the game, if you did that would cause legal issues with activision etc (against online ts and cs manipulating network etc). If the trace route were true and you were bouncing to and from Europe servers you would have a much higher ping, now as for why it shows in the trace route,I have no idea but like I said Iain has stated it can often be inaccurate so in my opinion I would not waste your time with it.

You are right PA is ping assist this works by allowing anything lower than that value outside your geo range you will connect to. As for waiting a long time to find a game this is because the game is trying to force you on the dedi in London. The game will always try to do what it wants as that is how it is programmed. The duma will just stop you connecting to far away hosts if the game try to pull a fast one and force you in other countrys (AW was the worst for that!)

The trace route feature is often inacurate and Iain has always said do not rely on that to diagnose your connection. 

So why even have this option on the software?

It is impossible to stop people outside the geo range connecting to your local host/server. That is down to the game, if you did that would cause legal issues with activision etc (against online ts and cs manipulating network etc).

That's how this device is being advertised by YouTubers and Netduma on their videos. It's trickery on their part, but that's business.

The duma will just stop you connecting to far away hosts if the game try to pull a fast one and force you in other countrys (AW was the worst for that!)

I've yet to EVER be placed into a server that's not in my region. You don't need a Netduma router for that, a regular $60-$100 one will do the same. 

when i connect to mp it always has a number then a letter e at the end now according to the forum here its a dedicated server now this server number changes but still theres an e at the end so clearly theres a server farm/cluster of servers and all based in london (or the ones i connect to are) there also seems to be servers in ireland (more on this later) now i decided to trace this london server as i was wondering how im still getting spanish/french even swedish (wtf) players in my lobby when netduma is supposed to eliminate this distance thing.

right i traced the host and it went to london so no shock there then and then it suprisingly bounced straight over to europe and connected to another server cluster there so it seems that there are dedis for blk ops 3 , unless im missing something ? , either way this explains why im still getting ppl from france/spain etc in my lobbies .

ok we can temp ban (what exactly is the point of a temp ban ?) poor servers but if the farm/cluster is going to bounce me to europe anyways theres no point in banning this also means the general clause/excuse of its a server problem comes into play lmfao .

as for the irish servers my location is set to off the coast of northern ireland to try and eliminate europe and now we know thats not working and yes pa is strict and zero btw and just what is pa is it ping assist ? how the hell can i do that if there ping is poor then its poor and if i reduce my radius to block london i might aswell go to bed as it wont find a game.

on the upside when theres a few of us playing ie 4 or more we cant get into a lobby and i game with ppl from london to the outer scottish islands but if we all back out and join on me so im party leader its almost instant that we get a game , work that one out ?.

im also wondering (thinking on it) if the trace/ping host is just hitting the isp hub ?

just a few thoughts after another cod session when i see the guy and im firing first and i die and as i die even on hardcore i get hitmarkers i kid you not .........

You're not the only one with these problems. EVERYTHING that you just posted above I agree with.

In my opinion, this router is over hyped and over priced. It's not going to stop you from higher ping players joining you're "lower ping" server. Isn't that the whole message of the Netduma router: DOMINATE LAG. I haven't seen this router do 5% of what it's supposed to do. Yeah it looks fancy with it's map and spinning radar! The funny thing is I still get killed in FPS games by higher ping players the same way I did prior to spending $226 on this router. 

So why even have this option on the software?

That's how this device is being advertised by YouTubers and Netduma on their videos. It's trickery on their part, but that's business.

I've yet to EVER be placed into a server that's not in my region. You don't need a Netduma router for that, a regular $60-$100 one will do the same.

1. Maybe it will be removed in the future.

2. I have never seen an official netduma video stating the router can stop people connecting out side of the geo filter, it states it can stop you from connecting to host outside the geo range.

3. Maybe Sell your router? you clearly an not happy. I am not gonna try and convince you other wise. The anti flood alone makes this router worth more than any other router on the market imo. It will only get better with anti jitter as well.

• Netduma Staff

@Mike - If you're on the latest version (1.03.6) it actually says when using the trace route feature that it is inaccurate and shouldn't be used for diagnosing your internet connection. The IPs for the hops in-between you and the end servers are often incorrectly located therefore the traceroute can sometimes look like it's going all over the world.

The temp ban was for people who found individual servers were playing bad but perhaps didn't want to block the whole bank of servers. They could block an individual one and play on another in that region.

The Netduma can't join you onto a server. The Netduma can only block potential hosts. It is still the game that has to attempt to connect you to that host. So if the game isn't trying to connect you to the Irish servers then you won't connect - there is nothing the Netduma can do about that.

• So why even have this option on the software?
  • That's how this device is being advertised by YouTubers and Netduma on their videos. It's trickery on their part, but that's business.
  • I've yet to EVER be placed into a server that's not in my region. You don't need a Netduma router for that, a regular $60-$100 one will do the same. 
  1. Some people find it interesting to see the number of hops between them and the host they are connected to.
  2. The first piece of information about the Geo-Filter on the Netduma website is "The Geo-filter reduces the main cause of lag, distance, by guaranteeing a host close to your home". Clearly it says it is the host being filtered. And the videos on the Netduma YouTube all seamed to suggest that it was the host which was within the Geo-Filter. I'm not quite sure how it is "trickery".
  3. For some people, this isn't the case and for some games it definitely isn't the case. The GeoFilter is also just one of the many features on the Netduma which not all routers have.

@crossyy

1.i find it interesting to watch this stuff as iv traced/tracked a few ppl via ip numbers and isp addys in the past , sadly i lost all the programmes i had when my desktop died and iv never been able to find them again (i had loads lol) in the same build as the companies that made them sold out or got shut down *cough cough* .

2.my location is derbyshire uk and netduma say to set your location to a different place in my case its off the coast off northern ireland in the sea , so if the geo wont connect me to irish servers as thats the nearest server to my "internet net duma" location then erm its not as advertised , also my isp servers are in london or that seems to be the main hub (note i havnt traced this for a few years now due to lack progs as mentioned above and it wouldnt surprise me to find theres a server hub in manchester) so again if london is the closest server some 400 miles away as opposed to the irish ones some 100 miles away this leads me to think its hub major hub hunting so if my isp's major hub in london then the duma connects to that hub regardless of my set location on the duma if you follow that ?.

3.if different isp/routers need different settings ie they need fine tuning why do a quick switch from cod/bf etc on the router ?. this makes no sense as you might hit that switch and just go totally fubar as in the guy next door might have the same isp as me he might even be getting better speeds up and down than me (yes i know its the ping that counts) bur he might have a different router so how can these settings work ?. so thats the geo dealt with ........

4.tonight playing with a team of 6 we had ppl from norway and the usa/spain in the lobby (i wasnt the party leader at this time) and my m8s were screaming about lag i had no lag that i could see though i had the normal see a player get killed before i can do anything events (this may be reaction time as im getting old lol) so thats a big plus to the duma , then when we swapped lobbies no game , waiting waiting waiting and no game and my m8 said break up the lobby and join mike ie me let the duma do its thing soon as we joined up again ..........BOOM ...........straight into a game , tbh this happens a lot im party leader with a squad we are straight into a lobby (i would be interested to know how that works esp as normally we end up in a very hard lobby esp late at night and have a right war) so thats another big up for the duma also the usa players seem to have dropped off (or that i cant be botherd checking anymore) so does the duma act as host when im leader ? , as its odd that it fires my team straight into a lobby when im leading.

5.still waiting on the conclusions of lag comp experiment as to my mind if they can prog it into a game then it can be progged out or around , yes ?.

From my experience of using the R1 for about a year now, I can honestly say that in AW and Blops3 which both have major issues that the R1 cannot sort out, my gaming experience for the most part is much better.

with the way I have mine set up I connect to the dedicated servers on the south coast of the UK and I cannot remember the last time a Spanish or Italian was in my lobby. Without the the R1 I always get Italians and Spanish gamers in the lobby and the games play like crap when they are in my lobby, Hell without the geo filter on I had people from Guadalajara   in my lobby to which I was pinging 800ms.

I went back to play Black ops 2 a few months ago with Dillinger, a game I stopped playing after around 3-4 months because the lag, lag compensation etc totally dicked me.

With not so many players we topped the leader board every game with the R1 enabled.

I have noticed over the last few weeks that black ops 3 has become very inconsistent in it's game play and with hit detection and lag etc but that is not the fault of the R1, that blame can be laid fair and square at the door of Activision.

For me the R1 does EXACTLY what it says on the tin.

I invested £150.00 into this router which is a lump of money and so I researched it well and looked at many reviews etc and looked into EXACTLY what it does and it has delivered to me EXACTLY what it says on the tin. It is the Ronseal Router.

What it doesn't do is turn you into a gaming god which I am deffo not but it does put you into low ping lobbies and sorts out local congestion plus a load of other stuff.

Mine is probably out of warranty now as it is over 12 moths in my grubby little hands but if it stopped working or blew up I would not hesitate to buy another.

Peace out yall, BAGSTAXX

P.S. I have disabled remote access so don't even think about blowing my router up:) LOL

Archived