Cannot Connect to Black Ops 3 Servers w/ Wired Connection

Good afternoon - I have posted about this previously but the problem is still not resolved. I am unable to connect to the black ops 3 servers when my R1 router is connected to my Xbox One with a wired connection. When I switch to a wireless connection everything is fine. Can someone please help diagnose this issue? I would much rather connect with a wired connection.

Firmware version: 1.03.3

Speed: 50 down, 10 up

Comcast: Comcast, motorla surfboard SB6121, R1 router

Issue: I cannot connect to black ops 3 servers when I use a wired connection with my Xbox one. I am connected to Xbox Live but cant connect to the black ops servers. 

Other info: UPNP is enabled. I can connect to the black ops 3 servers when I am using the wireless connection.

Firmware version: 1.03.3

Speed: 50 down, 10 up

Comcast: Comcast, motorla surfboard SB6121, R1 router

Issue: I cannot connect to black ops 3 servers when I use a wired connection with my Xbox one. I am connected to Xbox Live but cant connect to the black ops servers. 

Other info: UPNP is enabled. I can connect to the black ops 3 servers when I am using the wireless connection.

Dude I am not a moderator but you are about two firmwares old. You might want them to upgrade your firmware first. After that I have comcast as well though different speeds, but I may be able to help you with a setup. Also do not upgrade from .3 to the current .6 you could ruin your router, get a netduma person to help.

Dude I am not a moderator but you are about two firmwares old. You might want them to upgrade your firmware first. After that I have comcast as well though different speeds, but I may be able to help you with a setup. Also do not upgrade from .3 to the current .6 you could ruin your router, get a netduma person to help.

Thanks, I only purchased this router about a month ago. How often does new firmware get released?

• Administrators

If you can post here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036we can check your router and let you know when it is safe to upgrade. 

We don't have a timetable of upgrades, we've stopped giving dates for upgrades but the next one began development directly after the last upgrade went out. It's a big one so we're not rushing it.

Just to add though, if you can connect fine wireless it sounds like it could be an ethernet cable issue, would recommend trying with another if you have a spare.

If you can post here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036we can check your router and let you know when it is safe to upgrade. 

We don't have a timetable of upgrades, we've stopped giving dates for upgrades but the next one began development directly after the last upgrade went out. It's a big one so we're not rushing it.

Just to add though, if you can connect fine wireless it sounds like it could be an ethernet cable issue, would recommend trying with another if you have a spare.

Thanks, I have tried this with multiple ethernet cables and it does not seem to have any effect.

• Administrators

Make sure the console network settings are set to automatic for ethernet. 

When you load up BO3 can you see anything being blocked on the map? If so give us the ID of that server. If not disable the Geo and boot up anyway and see if you are able to connect

so you are able to connect to bo3 via the Comcast wifi? but not the R1 wifi?

No, I am connecting with R1 wifi, its the only wifi I have. The surfboard modem is just a modem, plain and simple, it does not broadcasting of a wifi signal.

ok so your xbone has two mac addresses one wired and one wifi, currently the wifi one works but wired do not. Try and get the mac address of the wired for xbox and then give it a static ip address. Then in the duma you know if its connected where its connected and it will make easier to find where the issue is.Or have you done this already?

ok so your xbone has two mac addresses one wired and one wifi, currently the wifi one works but wired do not. Try and get the mac address of the wired for xbox and then give it a static ip address. Then in the duma you know if its connected where its connected and it will make easier to find where the issue is.Or have you done this already?

The interesting thing is that, with the wired connection, I am connected to XBOX Live, all of the diagnostic tests say that everything is fine. If you are familiar with BO3 after the activision splash screen you go to the screen that has the animation of the guy sitting there with the 2 guns. When I hit A there to continue, the dialogue box pops up to say that it is connecting to the BO3 servers, but it never connects, it just trys to connect for a couple minutes and then says it cant connect. That is where I am getting the error, its not even a matchmaking error, because I am not even in the multiplayer menu yet.

The interesting thing is that, with the wired connection, I am connected to XBOX Live, all of the diagnostic tests say that everything is fine. If you are familiar with BO3 after the activision splash screen you go to the screen that has the animation of the guy sitting there with the 2 guns. When I hit A there to continue, the dialogue box pops up to say that it is connecting to the BO3 servers, but it never connects, it just trys to connect for a couple minutes and then says it cant connect. That is where I am getting the error, its not even a matchmaking error, because I am not even in the multiplayer menu yet.

I have had this issue before as well. What I do to fix it for me is not enabling the host filter until after the Xbox connects to the Activision servers.

I had the problem so what I did was factory reset my Netduma router and went on wiki and followed the instruction to set it up from scratch and now I can get on the BO3 servers again like nothing ever happened so I'm a happy camper again. I must of messed with a setting I wasn't supposed to.

Archived