Hey there,

So I've not long been using the latest update and have set up the new Hyper Traffic option. I noticed that people recommend you don't download large patches or games etc with this option on, and yet there is no pause or disable option available? Only delete is an option, so am I missing something here or?

Do Profiles have something to do with this or? Also I downloaded a game on Xbox One and it seemed to grind my entire Network to a halt.

Thank you.

you just delete it then add it again once you've done your update.  Hyper traffic will function fine if you're trying to download updates or patches, but it will hog your networks bandwidth and the rest of your house will suffer while the updates are occurring.  The Hyper Traffic will keep your console's update as the priority and because it's a constant flow of traffic from the server to your console will be at the front of the cue for the duration of the process.  If you don't care what happens on the rest of your network, keep it enabled while you DL your updates or patches

I mentioned it would be an idea to have the hyper lane turn off when the duma notices high bandwidth levels in the Ideas thread.

Hopefully that can be worked on but for now just delete the device from the hyper-lane when you update or download a game if you have others on the network at the time.

Archived