Too old to game? My second feature on Thunderstruck gaming

MrTrakky

Hi guys

Made it on to TSG again a little while ago thanx to Thunder, I'm basically talking about what age are you too old to play computer games as I was recently told I was too old what do you guys think???

You will find that age is irrelevant, it's about keeping the grey matter going, OK the reactions are slower, and the eyesight not as keen as it once was :)

But ther are quite a few guys on here that would be considered, by young players, as being to old to game. But that doesn't and shouldn't stop anyone regardless of age.

I am in my "@&£;:!, and Dark Bawgs is older than me, but we just grind away at it.

In fact, I have been considering asking if there are any guys in the 50 and above age bracket who would like to game together, you never know it may be fun, fun, fun ;)

Never too old, but I certainly feel that I've lost my way with COD and I'm only 27. That and the fact I'm employed full time and don't have time for dark matter master prestige gold armour mumbo jumbo. I've  become more of a TV series kind of person in recent years thanks to Netflix.

I was mocked by a 12 year old on Advanced Warfare for being 'too old' to game. I was 27 at the time. I found it funny - considering the game is an 18... and that is the main problem with 'age' in gaming. It's not how old you are, it's how young you are. 

If you use Call of Duty as an example, imagine how less toxic the community would be if parents were a little stricter in letting children play. I doubt I'd get called a f@g**t down the microphone as often. You'd definitely see less 'Faze' clan tags too. Yes, some young gamers are more grown up than others... Even I played games well above my age rating when I was a kid, but I still treated the game and anyone else playing with respect.

Furthermore, the aesthetic differences between the original CoD titles (including the MW series) and what they are now (AW/BO3) is ridiculous and seem to be catered more for the younger generation. I'm not saying I'm right with this statement, but it feels like the further we go into the CoD franchise, the more younger players it picks up along the way and the more 'colourful' (I'll use that phrase lightly) the game becomes.

Most popular YouTubers seem to cater for younger viewers as well - everything is massively dumbed down these days with all caps click bait titles like "EPIC SUPPLY DROP CAMO - MAD REACTIONS", when in fact the title only covers 5-10 seconds of their video. There are a handful which still have their dignity, but the majority are 'sick bro'.

I can't see myself giving it up any time soon.

I think I play more computer games than I do watching TV, films and reading books combined. Household consoles have always been a thing to me, ever since the Atari days! I'm going to grow old gaming!

I was mocked by a 12 year old on Advanced Warfare for being 'too old' to game. I was 27 at the time. I found it funny - considering the game is an 18... and that is the main problem with 'age' in gaming. It's not how old you are, it's how young you are. 

If you use Call of Duty as an example, imagine how less toxic the community would be if parents were a little stricter in letting children play. I doubt I'd get called a f@g**t down the microphone as often. You'd definitely see less 'Faze' clan tags too. Yes, some young gamers are more grown up than others... Even I played games well above my age rating when I was a kid, but I still treated the game and anyone else playing with respect.

Furthermore, the aesthetic differences between the original CoD titles (including the MW series) and what they are now (AW/BO3) is ridiculous and seem to be catered more for the younger generation. I'm not saying I'm right with this statement, but it feels like the further we go into the CoD franchise, the more younger players it picks up along the way and the more 'colourful' (I'll use that phrase lightly) the game becomes.

Most popular YouTubers seem to cater for younger viewers as well - everything is massively dumbed down these days with all caps click bait titles like "EPIC SUPPLY DROP CAMO - MAD REACTIONS", when in fact the title only covers 5-10 seconds of their video. There are a handful which still have their dignity, but the majority are 'sick bro'.

I can't see myself giving it up any time soon.

I think I play more computer games than I do watching TV, films and reading books combined. Household consoles have always been a thing to me, ever since the Atari days! I'm going to grow old gaming!

I had a little kid call me the "C" word the other day I was like wow I'll never give up mate I'll have to blind or have my hands removed I watched Thunders vid this morning and he touched upon the colour changes in cod he put up a pic of MW and the contrast of that to the likes of Splash and a gingerbread man outfit cod needs to return to that gritty boots on the ground shooter for men/women not kids

I had a little kid call me the "C" word the other day I was like wow I'll never give up mate I'll have to blind or have my hands removed I watched Thunders vid this morning and he touched upon the colour changes in cod he put up a pic of MW and the contrast of that to the likes of Splash and a gingerbread man outfit cod needs to return to that gritty boots on the ground shooter for men/women not kids

That Thunder stealing my opinions ;)

Seriously though... if he did say that, then he's right.

Also... I've just found this:

http://imgur.com/lQvuNXI

Archived