Hosting

The_field_medic

So I am thinking of buying the R1. But I was wandering, how the the geo works. I tend to host the lobbys I play in with my friends. So I will make the geo location big enough for them to fit in it. But since they don't have a Netduma will it allow players out of my geo in because they aren't using a netduma? Or doesn't it block them no matter what because I am using the R1? Because I have a Canadian friend that I will be white listing but sometimes he hosts. Will my geo take over and block all players that aren't white listed or in my Geo?

Thank you

I think the best method for hosting with the geo on is to have all your friends white listed. Then you can keep your geo map smaller so you can get good games. The geo will allow only people in your range or within the ping assist value you select. It doesn't matter if the have R1's or not the geo will block your friends if they're not white listed, out of your geo map range, or have a higher ping to you than your ping assist slider is set for. If you play with a bunch of the same people, it's best to get your buds to assign a static ip to their console. If they don't, you will have to re-add them to your white list when/if their IP address changes

Archived