Many Q's from New User!

I have read some stuff and have the following questions:

1. I don't see PlayStation Network PA, has this been removed? The info mentions but the service list only has PSN.

2. I don't understand any of the Geo Filter tools, Strict Mode? Confused.

3. What are the best settings for a PS4 and Destiny?

4. How do I locate servers?

5. How do profiles work? I have loaded them but nothing seems to happen. 

6. And I saw some tips to disable UPNP but do so on the router AND PS4 or just one? 

7. What are the best PS4 settings? Custom? Auto? Doing wired.

8. How do you DMZ?

9. How do you create a static IP? I read to make one for my PS4 but Idk how.

Thank you xD

Hello Nick21 and welcome to the forums,

1. Playstation network PA is the same as PSN.

2.Strict mode is used to block all connection outside your radius, disable it to find games quicker and connect to servers that people in your region *radius have also connected to.

3.You can choose the profile for your specified games in the profile tab in the router UI.

4.Servers are located for you once you start blackops 3 you can look at the map for details. Destiny is peer to peer connection and so you will need to disable " ping host " and enable " ping peer connections ".

5.Profile disables and enables what is required and the settings within it are described in the description box. Destiny and call of duty profiles will do what I've mentioned in #4.

6. Disabling Upnp on your router will also disable it on your ps4. Disabling UPNP in your ps4 will not disable it in your router. It's up to you.

7. I always setup my ps4 connection as manual as it seems to solve some NAT issues with the sony servers.

IP: 192.168.88.xx

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway : 192.168.88.1

DNS: 192.168.88.1 or you can use google DNS.

8. You can DMZ your net duma in order to get open nat from your ISP provided MODEM or router. If you are connected directly from the wall  *fiber. Ask for the PPPoE user and pass from your ISP in order to get NAT TYPE 1 .

9. Setting up your connection manually from your ps4 will give you a static IP address as it will be fixed and will not change.

If you'd like to make it static from your router side :

Settings > DHCP Lease > Tick " Reserved " for your device and set the number you want to replace the xxx in 192.168.88.xxx . That will be your fixed device IP address .

Your welcome! :D

If you read the wiki it will answer a lot of the questions you have and probably some of you don't... :D

And as far as settings go...hardwired always best option,and you don't need to set a static IP if you don't want to,it's a personal choice.The duma will always assign the same IP to the same device at least in my case anyway.

Hello Nick21 and welcome to the forums...

Thanks for the info and help. Which is best UPnP or Port Forwarding? I saw some specific Destiny recommendations that suggest doing PF instead. 

If you read the wiki it will...

Thanks, I did find it. It is very in depth! ;)

I believe final questions, thanks again.

VPN always says "You are using the old VPN setting. It will still work but we recommend reconnecting to the VPN" anyway to fix this?

After I WhiteList, these people are added to the Green side at the bottom of the Geo page. Is there a way to manage these people? Currently many of my circles overlap and I can't click beneath them to adjust or review my whitelist.

Also what is Turbo, Super Turbo and Stealth? That page doesn't have a support link so can't check myself. 

Finally, what are the best choices for 350/50 connection via cable? My ISP has IPv6 but should I enable? Looking for the best speeds.

• Administrators

I believe final questions, thanks again.

VPN always says "You are using the old VPN setting. It will still work but we recommend reconnecting to the VPN" anyway to fix this?

After I WhiteList, these people are added to the Green side at the bottom of the Geo page. Is there a way to manage these people? Currently many of my circles overlap and I can't click beneath them to adjust or review my whitelist.

Also what is Turbo, Super Turbo and Stealth? That page doesn't have a support link so can't check myself. 

Finally, what are the best choices for 350/50 connection via cable? My ISP has IPv6 but should I enable? Looking for the best speeds.

Sorry for the late reply. Click ok and you will be able to use it normally. Don't worry about it. 

Unfortunately there isn't an easier way to manage them if they are all overlapping. We want to redo this entire section for reasons like this.

Turbo is if you have speeds above 120mbps, super turbo for speeds above ~300mbps but it disables congestion control. Stealth mode blocks outgoing ICMP unreachable and TCP reset messages for a port when nothing is listening on that port. Can prevent would be attackers from gaining information about your network that they could use for malicious purposes - I highly doubt you need to enable this so just leave it unchecked.

Put those speeds in bandwidth settings and allow the duma to auto update for you when it asks.

Archived