Is it possible to get a DMZ option in the next firmware?

Now that you guys have done some major upgrades to the Netduma and cleared up most of the bugs, could you raise the priority level of adding a DMZ option to the Netduma?

http://ticket.netdumasoftware.com/ticket/27

It would save so many headaches for those of us with multiple consoles. 

UPnP works great, but with any type of forwarding, it can be a pain to get working properly, especially when the game makers have piss poor coding. 

Also, you can clear most of the tickets in the system since the 1.03.6 update.

Thanks for all your hard-work!

• Administrators

Thanks for the heads up, I've set some of the ones I saw at first glance to complete. I'll see if Iain will be able to put DMZ into the next upgrade, I know he's working on the next one now but has plans for it so will see if it's possible. 

Thanks for the heads up, I've set some of the ones I saw at first glance to complete. I'll see if Iain will be able to put DMZ into the next upgrade, I know he's working on the next one now but has plans for it so will see if it's possible. 

Excellent. 

Thank you.

Fraser, would using DMZ prevent the R1s FW from handling and managing gaming aspects of gaming consoles if it were used? I would think this might cause problems for game consoles and the R1s FW and programming. Just curious here.

• Administrators

Fraser, would using DMZ prevent the R1s FW from handling and managing gaming aspects of gaming consoles if it were used? I would think this might cause problems for game consoles and the R1s FW and programming. Just curious here.

I'm unsure, that's a question for Iain, he obviously has a much better understanding of the underlying mechanics of it all than I do :P

I presumed he wouldn't, however users should be aware the standard DMZ avoid the use of other router features thus any QoS or Gaming feature use would be invalid in those cases. So while using R1s great gaming features, I presume if and when DMZ was intro'd, and one would put a gaming console in the DMZ, may have adverse affects. Also DMS tends not to resolve NAT issues as well for consoles. Specially when it comes to multiples. :rolleyes:

Adding DMZ for consoles isn't my primary concern. Most of us are now using the Netduma as their Primary router so having a DMZ option can be critical for some users when 

configuring their network.

Archived