No wired connection to Netduma

my ISP router and co are downstairs however my console etc is in my room upstairs and i use that using a lan cable (wired) using a tp link, but when i try to connect my netduma to my isp downstairs i cant access my internet, if i connect my netduma to my tp link i can, however it says my only device connected is my phone and nothing else, so the only thing i can use with my netduma at the moment is my phone, so i dont exactly know how to use my netduma with my consoles if my router is in a different room. pls help

Welcome to the forum!

Make sure your console etc is connected via automatic network settings. 

What is your ISP router?

its a sky router, basically everytime i connect my netduma, either i can see the devices on the software but get no internet connection whatsoever or i just cant do anything, i have a tp link in my room and my router is downstairs. when i connect it upstairs via tp link, i can use the software but not connect to the internet, and if i connect to my router downstairs, i cant do anything

• Netduma Staff

can i dm you on twitter pls? my dms open i just followed u

Sorry, missed this thread for some reason. It will be easier to help here :)

You should have it connected Sky router >> Netduma (connected via the ethernet that came with the Netduma). The connected directly to the Netduma all other devices.

• Administrators

its a sky router, basically everytime i connect my netduma, either i can see the devices on the software but get no internet connection whatsoever or i just cant do anything, i have a tp link in my room and my router is downstairs. when i connect it upstairs via tp link, i can use the software but not connect to the internet, and if i connect to my router downstairs, i cant do anything

Not sure if this is the Sky hub you have or not but it is Sky so may be similar. Try following this guide

Not sure if this is the Sky hub you have or not but it is Sky so may be similar. Try following this guide

thats not my router no, i have tried that guide and still nothing.. heres my setup if this helps 

https://gyazo.com/df717c6a2289207f6b2913f6ef337891- this is upstairs where i have my ps4 and pc connected to my tp link (i need them to connect otherwise i dont need the netduma)

https://gyazo.com/3eb886cba3a99d3cddc35349ad9c4b7d- this is downstairs and my sky router, a bt homehub for my fibre optic and the middle is a ethernet switch

https://gyazo.com/1e19f566969dd7fa8e7075ffa6638fb0- and the back of the router

i literally have ran out of ideas on how to do this, and my tp link is connected to my sky router and linked through the ceiling into my room, thats really all i can tell you

How have you connected the R1 to the Sky router? It should be port 1 to port 1 in order to achieve internet

of course, ive even tried to connect to my tp link but nothing, i get wireless connection but i cant connect to anything that my tp link uses

How have you connected the R1 to the Sky router? It should be port 1 to port 1 in order to achieve internet

basically everything i care about using is upstairs connected to my tp link, so if i cant connect to anything upstairs then its pointless me using the netduma

• Netduma Staff

You should have it connected Sky Router >> Netduma. Then you should have wireless and wired access from the Netduma, is that correct? Now you just need to get the TP-Link connected. How do you usually connect it, is it by a long ethernet cable?

You should have it connected Sky Router >> Netduma. Then you should have wireless and wired access from the Netduma, is that correct? Now you just need to get the TP-Link connected. How do you usually connect it, is it by a long ethernet cable?

of course i had it connected, i just cant get my tp link to conenct, even tho its plugged in

• Administrators

So if we can just summarise quickly.

Sky router > netduma > tp link - no internet

Sky router > tp link > netduma - internet

Is that correct?

If that is the case does Sky require PPPoE? Perhaps it needs MER authentication. Can someone with Sky perhaps comment on this?

Archived