finding the right settings for bandwidth #'s

bcoe30

I'm just using 97 % of my speeds to figure out what to put in NETDUMA. It's basic math to do. We don't need speed for games, its all about low latency. Witch your crippling your speeds to do , but I'm not by much . Instead of 100% use 97% .

I see post on here all the time, what do I put into my speeds? My upload & download are not what I pay for !? Well its easy to figure out my math & its simple. Just trying to help. If it works... Then great, if not oh well. I pay 60 down and 5 up. About 85 % of what I really get ! Rule of thumb is to use 85% or 95% of your internet connection... Hence what qos is for.

Your formula is off man.  If you wanted to figure out 97 percent of 60, you would multiply by .97, not add it..

..and if you have share excess off, you would then multiply again by the percent allocation (on the prioritization flower in Congestion Control) for your specific device to find out how much actual bandwith it is getting.

I was actually trying to help your post by correcting the formula so that people can figure out the bandwith they are allocating to any specific device, which is actually a very helpful topic..

But given your reaction, your attempt at math, grammar, spelling, and now your temperament, I'll say good luck in life sir :)

Archived