Hyper Lane and Streaming Configuration?

Man I love the new firmware and Hyper Lane.  My games got even smoother! Great work Duma guys!  One thing I noticed is when I tried streaming with Hyper Lane On it really drops frames a ton using OBS.  I tried giving my streaming pc more Upload but that didnt help really so turning off Hyper Lane (all consoles or frames will still drop) was the only way to get OBS smoothe again without dropping frames.  I'm on PS4 & XB1 150megs down and 25up 70/70 CC.

I'm thinking Hyper Lane is doing its job and maybe its not to be used streaming?  Anyone have the same results and does anyone have a config to Use Hyper Lane while streaming without having OBS drop frames?  

Thanks guys!

Hi,

Fraser just wanted to check whether you are recommending not using the  Hyper Lane for my PS4 whilst streaming using Xsplit through my pc on Twitch?

I stream regularly and wondered if you could recommend any congestion control settings to use whilst streaming? How should i prioritise my PC & PS4? Download/Upload.

Also if there any other settings within the router that help whilst streaming please share your knowledge?

Cheers :)

Hi,

Fraser just wanted to check whether you are recommending not using the  Hyper Lane for my PS4 whilst streaming using Xsplit through my pc on Twitch?

I stream regularly and wondered if you could recommend any congestion control settings to use whilst streaming? How should i prioritise my PC & PS4? Download/Upload.

Also if there any other settings within the router that help whilst streaming please share your knowledge?

Hi RB.  I don't think it should be used with streaming.  Fraser mentioned it.  I did stream without Hyper Lane and everything went fine, no more drop frames with OBS and gaming was still great without Hyper Lane.  I used the Ultimate COD profile while streaming and man ooo man that profile ROCKED!  I mean players moved like bots.  I'm almost certain I was HOST most of the time with that profile.  And I thought I loved my Duma before this new firmware.  This has to be one of my best geeky investments in a long time.  =)

Hi RB.  I don't think it should be used with streaming.  Fraser mentioned it.  I did stream without Hyper Lane and everything went fine, no more drop frames with OBS and gaming was still great without Hyper Lane.  I used the Ultimate COD profile while streaming and man ooo man that profile ROCKED!  I mean players moved like bots.  I'm almost certain I was HOST most of the time with that profile.  And I thought I loved my Duma before this new firmware.  This has to be one of my best geeky investments in a long time.  =)

Hi Boxone, The Netduma certainly does bring our everyone's inner geek!! Who knew router configurations made easy could be so fun haha!

In regards to the settings i like to stream while playing wagers as this brings the most viewers! Sad that i have to sacrifice the Hyper Lane which gives me an in game advantage to do this. Do you prioritise your PC and PS4 over all other devices? And if so what percentages do you give them upload/download? Do you need to give your PC more upload than download? my connection is virgin media 200/12.

• Administrators

Hi,

You can hyper-lane the console, as long as you're not using the inbuilt stream from it (so your Xbox is uploading significantly) but don't hyper-lane the PC. Streaming uses upload primarily so I'd prioritise the streaming PC and use 70/70 anti-flood as well

Perfect thank you i will prioritise the streaming pc's upload only tonight and see how i get on.

rB let me know if your xplit or obs drops frames.  I priortised my PC with more upload before and had my PS4/XB1 Hyper on and the stream went beserk.  Maybe I didnt give the PC enough upload?  My CC was 70/70 and I gave my PC (steaming machine) about 50% bandwidth.  Turning of Hyper on the consoles stopped the pc from dropping frames.  Thanks man!

• Administrators

rB let me know if your xplit or obs drops frames.  I priortised my PC with more upload before and had my PS4/XB1 Hyper on and the stream went beserk.  Maybe I didnt give the PC enough upload?  My CC was 70/70 and I gave my PC (steaming machine) about 50% bandwidth.  Turning of Hyper on the consoles stopped the pc from dropping frames.  Thanks man!

Reset device prio and apply, do you encounter the same issues?

• Administrators

Hi Fraser.  Yes the issue stays there after resetting the device prio.

A thought but perhaps because your stream is uploading constantly it can't have any queues so using hyper-traffic for your console causes the stream to queue hence the buffering etc.

A thought but perhaps because your stream is uploading constantly it can't have any queues so using hyper-traffic for your console causes the stream to queue hence the buffering etc.

Right.  I just turn off hyper traffic on my console then my pc streaming machine (OBS) doesnt drop frames anymore.  Gaming still plays well on the console with Hyper Lane.

• Administrators

Right.  I just turn off hyper traffic on my console then my pc streaming machine (OBS) doesnt drop frames anymore.  Gaming still plays well on the console with Hyper Lane.

Definitely sounds like that is the cause then! Thanks for letting us know :)

As this has been resolved I'll now close this thread. Please feel free to open another if you have any other questions/issues.

Archived