comcast business and R1

secretface

Ok so I got switched for bitching enough to the right people and it has been more or less good since they switched me. When the supervisor hooked me up to the new modem he had a hell of a time getting it to work with my TP link router. So anyway I was going to forgo the TP link and use just the R1 as the main router. I can't get it to work! I can get hooked up and see the router but it will not get online just as the TP link had issues. What can cause this? I tried several restarts and still no internet. I have since switched back to 2 routers just so I have internet . Tho I would like to just use the one router any ideas? Anyone?

I would unplug the netduma for a bit and also the modem.

Then plug the ethernet cables from the modem to the netduma port 1 and then whatever else to the other ports on the netduma.

Then plug the modem in and then plug the netduma in.

Wait a bit and then try to go online.

I would unplug the netduma for a bit and also the modem.

Then plug the ethernet cables from the modem to the netduma port 1 and then whatever else to the other ports on the netduma.

Then plug the modem in and then plug the netduma in.

Wait a bit and then try to go online.

Ill try this again but I see a factory reboot needed maybe. This is so weird!

Maybe guys Imma try a factory reset of the Netduma , that is what I had to do to get the tp link to work with it. Oddly my old ass netgear hooked right up to it. This is just so weird. I did a search on this modem and apparently its a common issue to get connected to. Nobody seems to know why.

I think with a business connection, Comcast assigns you a static ip. So maybe when you hook the modem up initially, they assigned you one mac-address as well. When the tech hooked you up to the tp-link router, he may of had to use the clone-mac feature of the router. So now when you are trying to connect the R1 the mac-addy is different and they won't sync up. You could try to find the mac-addy used in the tp-link by hooking it up again. Another method is to look at the modem pages itself. I don't know what modem you have, but for example my sb6190 has an address of 192.168.100.1 that lets me look at the signal levels, configuration, addresses etc... I can grab the "learned" mac-addy from there and then in the R1 I manually input that mac-address.

In the R1 its under "Settings, Wan, Wan-Mac Address"   You enable the clone mac and then manually type in the mac-addy stored in the modem.

Hope that might help, if not sorry and good luck. 

• Administrators

Maybe guys Imma try a factory reset of the Netduma , that is what I had to do to get the tp link to work with it. Oddly my old ass netgear hooked right up to it. This is just so weird. I did a search on this modem and apparently its a common issue to get connected to. Nobody seems to know why.

I was told all that changed was the modem and the IP. But then again they have lied before. LOL

Haha okay well good to know it's a common issue, let us know if it works.

Archived