Getting Very Frustrated

• Administrators

I tried that and still nothing will come up on the geo filter screen or let me get into the black ops servers

Can you double check in device manager that your Xbox is showing up and connected and you have that one selected on the Geo-filter.

Should I try to run my R1 from another router ( that will connect to the black ops server ) from the modem.  If that makes sense?  So Internet > Router > R1 > Xbox.  If I did that my computer would be plugged into my other router and only my xbox would be plugged into my R1.  If I did that what settings changes or set up would i need to do?

You can try that, though I don't think that would affect it. There shouldn't be any changes you need to make specifically for that setup 

Ok so when I connect my R1 to my other router and then my xbox to the r1 it connects to the server just fine.  I am going to play with it like this to see how it is and maybe try the other way in a day or so.  If it doesnt affect anything I am ok with this way working. 

Do you have a PPoe connection?  There's nothing wrong with running the R1 behind another router.  If you are able to connect, go for it.  All of the features still work as intended with it set up that way.  Just make sure all devices connect to the R1 and not the other router, the R1 is in the Dmz of the first router, and disable wifi on the other router as well.

Archived