Geo-filter Blocking Xbox Live Sign-in/Update Service

The past few days I had been having a recurring problem on my Xbox 360, specifically in regards to Modern Warfare 2. I would be playing online without any problem, then suddenly be disconnected from Xbox Live and unable to sign back in, unless I deleted and downloaded my profile, restarted my router and restarted my Xbox. Today, I was unable to download any profiles (and subsequently sign-in), due to a connection error. I noticed there was a lock icon on my geo-filter map, (in Washington, XBL headquarters), so I allowed it, and after another restart, I was able to download my profile, connect to Xbox Live, download a Title Update, and stay connected while starting the game. I'm assuming that blocked server was causing at least part of my problem. It would be nice if there was some option in the settings to allow all service-required dedicated servers, or some description text in the router settings to explain that geo-filter might cause problems connecting to an online service such as Xbox Live. 

• 2 months later...

Hello i have the same problem, on my xbox 360 i can´t conect to xbox live.

In host-filtering i see a locker in US im from europe.

I have strict one off and no live.

Try to turn off geo-filter and cloud and minuts later the live goes on???

Can you provide me with the ID for that padlock please? 

If you apply the cloud with Geo still active are you able to connect?

i think is ID: 200d6f3aaabf4045  

Archived