Netduma + ASUS RT-AC88U?

Asentrix

http://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/

Does anyone have any experience using the ASUS RT-AC88U?

ST1aiKE.jpg?1

I'm interested in buying one to go with my netduma , I'm currently running my netduma through another router my ISP sent me.

The main reason I'm asking is because of the features that come with it.
I'm not 100% sure if it would be compatible with the Netduma , and because it's so expensive (roughly 400$) I want to know before I buy.

Some features

• NitroQAM™ Technology
  • DOUBLE GAMING BOOST ( WTFAST & Adaptive QOS)
  • Cross-Platform Compatibility
  • AiProtection (Built in router antivirus etc...)
  • Bandwidth for All (Assign bandwidth to devices / congestion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6JVt_rtZ0

Let me know!

If you can wait a but I will be able to tell you. I just ordered this with a modem combo and a $50 rebate. Unfortunately that ended Sunday night (the deal) but I'll still have the router this week. You can still get it for $300 or less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rt-ac88u&N=-1&isNodeId=1

If you can wait a but I will be able to tell you. I just ordered this with a modem combo and a $50 rebate. Unfortunately that ended Sunday night (the deal) but I'll still have the router this week. You can still get it for $300 or less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rt-ac88u&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Thanks for the link , appreciated , unfortunately for me they're out of stock and more expensive than mwave, I'm in AUS btw :P

Thanks for the link , appreciated , unfortunately for me they're out of stock and more expensive than mwave, I'm in AUS btw :P

Oh. That explains it. I will let you know as soon as I get a chance to figure it all out. I've run my duma through a nighthawk r7000 successfully so this should be no problem. B)

I got the router today and hooked it up. I haven't hooked up the duma yet (had to go to work) but the asus is fantastic. I'm sure it will work out great. The user interface is simple and quick. It took me less than 10 minutes to port forward, set up qos, etc and 5 more to connect all my devices.

I also ran a speed test on my computer and my Xbox one. Both were above average. Then I activated the modem that came with (Motorola surfboard) and it got even better.

WTFAST is a VPN service and can only help at major far distances like UK to Japan at it might shave a few ms off, it  is the opposite
of what you are trying to do with the Netduma.

It seems like Asus dont know what this technology does and have been suckered in to this by a rep.

These are my views and not that of Netduma.

WTFAST is a VPN service and can only help at major far distances like UK to Japan at it might shave a few ms off, it is the opposite

It seems like Asus dont know what this technology does and have been suckered in to this by a rep.

You have to pay for Wtf too. As far as a stand alone router time will tell, but it seems pretty solid so far.

WTFAST is a VPN service and can only help at major far distances like UK to Japan at it might shave a few ms off, it  is the opposite

Yep I thought the exact same thing when reading about 'WTFast" , it has tons of bad reviews.

I personally wouldn't be using it :)

You have to pay for Wtf too. As far as a stand alone router time will tell, but it seems pretty solid so far.

You can use it for free on one device I believe :)

Also, what do you think of the security?

I've seen a fair few reviews / In-depth's , but they never talk about the security :o

You can use it for free on one device I believe :)

Also, what do you think of the security?

I've seen a fair few reviews / In-depth's , but they never talk about the security :o

Not sure yet. Like I said, the user interface is simple. It's got some bells and whistles too. I should be able to give it the same setup the nighthawk had. To be honest, it would be simple to run the Duma before it and just adjust as needed via a wireless device or phone. I've done both ways and it simpler that way.

Archived