IP-Specific Congestion Control/Blocking

Hey all,

The NETDUMA has been doing its job extremely well lately, but the issue I'm facing now is throttling speeds when a WiFi Extender is in use. Our current setup to receive internet is horrendous, having the only operational phone line in another building outside our house with WiFi broadcasting from the R1 to a WiFi extender located inside the house, and that means almost all our appliances are connected to the Extender instead of direct to the router. The issue we have been facing is that we have family members using devices to stream overseas television for nearly the entire time they are home. As we are all considered one device by the NETDUMA, the current Device Prioritisation functions do not help in toning down their bandwidth usage.

To counter this, I suggest the implementation of either an IP-Specific Congestion Control slider, or the ability to enforce stricter QoS rules to those IPs. Without Congestion Control, we get ~1500ms ping, but with it on we spike between 70 and 500ms. Much more acceptable, but still unbearable (as you could imagine).

Regards,

Azsry.

as a quick fix, any chance of using the netduma inside your house and something else as the primary router?

ps. just wanted to point out that this would again be a great place for a miniduma dupeter extender wifirepeater deluxe pro R0.67 ;)

I would buy one in a heartbeat

as a quick fix, any chance of using the netduma inside your house and something else as the primary router?

ps. just wanted to point out that this would again be a great place for a miniduma dupeter extender wifirepeater deluxe pro R0.67 ;)

I would buy one in a heartbeat

Unfortunately the only working phone line in our property is in an external building, so we can't get the R1 inside our house :/

• Administrators

I think this may be something we'll implement in the future (or some form of this). Make sure you keep device prio reset and applied with share excess on and 70/70 on anti-flood to prevent spikes as much as possible. Also download a wifi analyser to find the best channel in your area and change it to that in settings > wifi 

Archived