Good morning everyone :) Can anyone tell me if using DHCP lease will open my nat on my PS4. What is DHCP lease and can I make any number up from 100 - 250 as long as that number isn't already assigned. Where can I find which numbers are assigned or do I keep putting numbers in till it allows me to apply? Sorry for all the questions but I've tried everything to open my nat. My nat was open yesterday when my geo-filter was down; once it was fixed it flipped back to moderate. I've noticed that on the PS4 internet connection test a type 2 nat can lead to either a open or moderate nat type when you go into black ops 3 multiplayer. Thanks folks

DHCP hands out IP addresses to devices on the network so leave that on auto and forget about it.

I noticed you had thread on NAT yesterday.

You can turn off your console go to misc settings in the duma and select enable port forwarding turn on your console and you may have NAT type 2 which is correct for ps4.

Thanks :) So nat type 2 is correct on PS4, but what about the changes on black ops 3 multiplayer. It was saying open yesterday when geo-filter wasn't working. Now it's switched on is says moderate. It seems type 2 on PS4 can mean either open or moderate. It just seems harder to find games now black ops 3 is displaying moderate nat :(

Have you turned off the console and ticked enable port forwarding then turned back on the console?

Sometimes once ticked turning off the console and the duma, then rebooting the duma then wait 1 min then boot the console also works.

Archived