Slow Interface and Constant DNS Errors

For awhile now I have been getting DNS errors after setting up a bridge connection with the Netduma and my ISP's Netgear. I've been trying to get into contact with an administrator but have no luck. Now my Netduma's interface is running slow as well. It's really frustrating having to deal with this alone and without any help. 

Also my router seems to be bricked after I pressed the reset button on the back of it. I've tried 192.168.1.1, 192.168.88.1 and http://r1 and none of those work.

I get that from time to time when my laptop hasn't re-awoken and acquired my Duma over the always annoying Compost service.  Are you hardwired or working over wifi?  Can you hard wire it and see if it authenticates?

Yeah, I tried hard wiring and that's the message I get. This happened after I took my ISPs gateway (by pressing the reset button) out of bridge mode with the netduma so I could try to solve the slow interface issue. I couldn't access the geo-filter or congestion control page and the miscellaneous settings that you can untick would go back to being ticked when I would refresh the page.

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations  
 What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
 What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have?

If the ISP modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems: Link>http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/fixing_double_nat.htmand http://computer.howstuffworks.com/nat.htm If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ. Disable any ISP modem WiFi and filters like firewalls and such.

Prefered connection method with a ISP stand alone modem:
ISP modem>R1router<>connected devices.

Connection method with a ISP modem with built in router that can be bridged:
ISP modem(bridged)>R1 router<>connected devices.

Connection method with a ISP modem with built in router that can't be bridged:
ISP modem(DMZ)>R1s WAN ip address placed in ISP modems DMZ<>connected devices to WRT router.

The modem provided to me by my ISP is a Netgear B90-7550 which is also a router, My UP speeds are 400 Kbps with a DOWN of 5.5 Mbps.

I've tried bridging them through the ISP's modem but I am still unable to connect to the Netduma.

• Administrators

When you reset from the back did you hear a beep? Someone had the same issue a few days ago and it turned out it hadn't been reset correctly so I would try and do another and then follow the brick guide or try to connect as normal.

Thank you for taking the time to reply

Yeah, I've used both of those to check and I get that image at the top of the thread but instead of it saying "Connection has been reset", it will say "Address is unreachable".

Thank you for taking the time to reply

Yeah, I've used both of those to check and I get that image at the top of the thread but instead of it saying "Connection has been reset", it will say "Address is unreachable".

Have you got any other router / modem other than the one you currently connect your netduma too?

Maybe a relative could let you borrow theirs?

Also have you ensured that there's no damage to the ethernet cable that links the netduma to your other router / modem?

if you can't see any noticeable damage , try using an alternate ethernet cable and see if it fixes the issue

Last but not least , do you see an exclamation mark on your connection icon on PC?

If so , when right clicking / troubleshooting , does it attempt to resolve the issue?

Make note if it tries to fix any issues , post results here if you notice anything :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived