strange lag question

daz

just had a game that was so laggy for me i could barely move but my son in same game up stairs its perfectly fine, i even put my controller dont went up stairs grabbed the controller and got 5 kills in 30 seconds of grabbing the controller.

how is this possible?

edit- just to add my xbox is in the host filter his isnt and thats the only difference

Without knowing your set up, the game you were playing, and about 100 different variables, if anyone can answer that question you should be following them around with a shaved head and an undying devotion to their awesomeness.   :lol:

Possible answers:  If you and your son are sharing the same connection, but he is playing on gear that is different that yours (i.e. a TV as opposed to a monitor) that could be the missing piece to the equation.

If you were host and your son had the shortest possible ping to the "host" while everyone else was connecting through you at a further distance, that could be the missing variable.

Magic, smoke, mirrors and wild speculation is all I really have for you brother.  There just isn't a way to be able to answer this question with any scientific "proof" for you.

Try reversing what you have going.  Send him downstairs to game and you take his slot.  These young guns out here should have the tougher fight anyways, they have longer to get better at dealing with it.   :D  :P

What's the input lag on the big screen you have?  His portable TV might be an older model that has a very low input lag because it isn't doing a bunch of color and resolution correcting.  

The only way to know for sure is to start changing some items that feed one visual source as opposed to the other.  This assumes you have the same gaming condition happen again, but you would need to have another source to compare it to in each room if you can't easily switch back and forth.

Have a third TV/monitor that is portable?  Can you bring the boys' TV downstairs and set it up side by side with the big TV and switch the inputs back and forth?

Archived