Allow an entire friends list?

Hi guys

Just a suggestion as im not currently aware of any fast way to do this. If there is someone please point me in the right direction!

Iv been part of an american platoon since i started gaming, being in England and having my geo-filter set locally means im going through my whole 150 friends list and having to allow each person from a lobby/party chat on PS4

i obviously dont play with everyone all at the same time - so having a feature that would lookup my friendlist without my having to get in a lobby with each and every one or be in a game with them to allow them would be great. If it could see their gamertag, and automatically name it on my map having 1 button to allow them would be super.

Cheers

Wrighty

Cant see how this would be possible.  The router has no access to the Xbox Live or PSN interface from which to "lookup" your friends list.  Moreover, your friends list is a collection of account profiles on those respective services, it contains no specific information about the respective IP addresses of those friends, which is what the router would need to "whitelist" them in order to compile a global allow list for each one.  And as each friends IP may change dynamically given the particulars of their network setup, that simply would not be feasible.  

Would be nice though, agreed :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The only way I could see this potentially working is by inviting as many in your party as possible and then maybe having a "Allow all" button to be implemented so you can allow them all easily. Then once they're all allowed you could save the profile so even through factory resets you could load your profile and have all your whitelists back.

Archived