VPN Questions

Hello,

I'm new on this netduma forum, my name is Daryl.

My Netdume just arrived and i got it installed, but now i've got some question about the VPN option.

I got a PC and PS4. I'm streaming BO3 on twitch with my build in capture card on my pc. Using OBS to stream.

I've got 1 month subscription from hide my ass.

I got my VPN on the nearest server "Rotterdam, the Netherlands". 

But in game my nat type is on moderated or strict. How can i change that? And in game i got serious lagg spikes Ping drops.. I can't play like this, the game is not running smooth. And on ps4 party i got NAT TYPE issues and i can't talk with friends. 

Is there any dynamic VPN for the PS4 BO3 or any settings i can change to solve this problem? Any help is welcome, and thank you in advanced.

• Netduma Staff

Hey Daryl, welcome to the forum :)

The reason you are lagging when using the VPN is because HMA isn't a good VPN for gaming. You should try and find a VPN that is for gaming and allows you to port forward in order to be as lag free as possible.

But it be be better to decide if you really need it as a VPN will always add latency to your connection.

• Netduma Staff

I've never used it so I can't guarantee but apparently AirVPN is good for gaming and lets you port forward. But as I said, that's just from reviews I read a while ago. And yes, you can use other services as long as they support 'Open-VPN'.

You're going to have to get a valid openvpn certificate from PIA and copy into the box under the advanced setting tab in the VPN area of the R1. You're also going to need a username and password as well from PIA.

Archived