PS4 Connection PRoblem With Xfinity Router

I recently switched internet providers from century link to Comcast/xfinity. I now get 130up and have had no problems on any other device. However, my PS4 is not able to connect to my wifi, and I am not able to change my router's security setting to a compatible format, so I bout a Netduma in hopes of getting around it. I set up the Netduma and I am still not able to connect to the internet on my PS4. I just moved my PS4 into another room, closer to the router, and I ran an ethernet from the net duma to my PS4 and still not luck. 

Any help would be really appreciated. I have been trouble shooting this for a few weeks and really need help.

Thank you

BTW, my xfinity router is the latest version of their routers

UPDATE: I have replaced my router with comcast twice and I am still having the same issue. When I try to connect my PS4 to my wifi, it says that it is connected and when I test the connection, it always fails and then kicks me off of the network. The same thing happens when I hook up the NetDuma. My router accepts it and my PS4 acknowledges that it is there and connects to the wifi network; however when I test the connection, it says that it fails and it kicks me off of the network. I have opened up all the ports that PSN has told me too, I have added the PS4 and the NetDuma to the accepted devices list, and it still will not work. I have talked with several people online and we think it might be that my router has too strict of a security setting.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

I recently switched internet providers from century link to Comcast/xfinity. I now get 130up and have had no problems on any other device. However, my PS4 is not able to connect to my wifi, and I am not able to change my router's security setting to a compatible format, so I bout a Netduma in hopes of getting around it. I set up the Netduma and I am still not able to connect to the internet on my PS4. I just moved my PS4 into another room, closer to the router, and I ran an ethernet from the net duma to my PS4 and still not luck. 

Any help would be really appreciated. I have been trouble shooting this for a few weeks and really need help.

Thank you

BTW, my xfinity router is the latest version of their routers

Have you tried messing with the network settings on the PS4? Setting it all to automatic should let it connect wired without a problem. I have comcast and mine connected without having to do anything

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Okay so I note that this has been an issue before us but here are some fixes for you to try: 

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/FIXED-PS4-won-t-connect-to-internet/td-p/43574218

Hold down the power button until it beeps for a second time. Then turn it on and try to connect. It may take a few times of doing this to resolve it. 

• Administrators

It sounds like the other router is blocking devices for some unknown reason. We can't help as we have no idea about that router. You'll have to ask their support team how to unblock. Something upstream is blocking the traffic. It could be firewall, parental control, ISP censorship, who knows? You have to figure out the administrator of the device and ask them failing that ask the manufacturer support team or ISP support team.

Archived