Help me choose ISP

daz

Fibre is now available in my area and I'm currently with talk talk, I did place an order with plus net that I just canceled it cause I was going to be with out any service at all for a week , don't really want to stay with talk talk but will if I have to and bt is rip off and hear bad things about sky so what people recommend ?

I'm not sure about those ISP's ,guessing you're USA?
Anyways , the main things you have to make sure of

• No 24 Month Lock In Plan Bullshit

• No forced bundles (phone , cable etc)

• Dynamic IP <- Good Thing!

Also , make sure you don't just jump at the first package you see , look up 'sky ISP problems' , 'Plus net problems' etc.

Feel free to call their customer service and see how they treat you, good customer service is a requirement.

In the end it comes down to personal preference , see what you like , what looks and sounds the best , which ISP has the best feedback :)

I am with talk talk fibre, low pings no jitter what so ever, a gamer's dream and I feel so lucky to have this.

Use talk talks forum UK staff that know there stuff, never ring the infamous telephone support

They are called OCE's and are staff i believe, they can pass stuff on to network etc.

You make an account place your landline number in your profile so when you ask for help they can tie it to it.

You make a post and leave it do not bump, as it is a first come first served system they work from old to new.

I asked on my first day of ADSL with them if I could have a 24 6db fastpath profile and the answer was yes i will get that put through for you and the next day I had a 24mb forced 6db SNRM fastpath profile, no if, buts, maybes or what are you talking about's.

I have an EE tech guy coming to our house (cube engineer)to sort our adsl service out as it runs about 8 meg during the day but is capped to below two in the evening upload drops to 0.7 meg also from 2meg. What are the sort of questions I should be asking and the answers I should be getting back from them.. All I want is a stable connection to watch a bit of I player and play some cod when I'm not doing that. I haves my dsl reports tests showing the drops in speed and ping plotter traces showing 100 plus ping spikes . Or is it the case of you can't polish a turd lol sorry to jump in on this thread

It won't be capped at any mb on a night it will be ISP congestion as users in your area download and stream.

It would be good if you show them proof of slow downs and ping issues.

Well I can show them that got months and months of the stuff . My mothers who lives at the other end of the village retains a steady 13.5meg day or night and she's with talk talk this is where I'm going if they don't sort it out. Thanks for the reply zennon

well i gave talk talk every opportunity to sell me a good deal but they were no help at all and wouldnt even wave £50 connection fee for all the trouble they caused and my internet even cut out while chatting with online customer services lol, went with bt in the end its bit more expensive but im gauranteed 74mb minimum and can leave if speeds go below and theres no activation and i got £115 cashback ;)

Archived