What are these ping plotter results showing?

Were you running congestion control on reactive and 70% each way or not using the internet when you tested?

If the answer to either was yes then you have 15ms of jitter if the answer was no to the above test when no one is using the net.

I had the CC at 100% for DL/UL(preemptive) and I have couple of devices connected to the internet via WiFi. I'll do another test when my family's not using the internet and see if the results are different.

Were you running congestion control on reactive and 70% each way or not using the internet when you tested?

If the answer to either was yes then you have 15ms of jitter if the answer was no to the above test when no one is using the net.

https://gyazo.com/f38b3a13a4964d0af9b7fc6a88e86420

this test i ran last night when nobody was using the internet, with CC @100%

• Administrators

https://gyazo.com/f38b3a13a4964d0af9b7fc6a88e86420

this test i ran last night when nobody was using the internet, with CC @100%

It's better, 10ms less jitter but you are still experiencing a couple of spikes. 

Put CC@70% and replicate the test

• 2 weeks later...

100ms jitter at it worst and packet loss.

You need to show this to your provider or change to a less congested provider in your area.

Should I have them come and check out the node and cable lines etc..? Also this test was done over Wi-Fi as well, as of recently when I perform a diagnostics test through the R1 my result have been either all good with no packet loss (during non peak hours) and bad, ok (during peak hours). I use to get exceptional but as of late I can't get an exceptional result.

Always test via Ethernet and do not have any devices connected to the internet except the device that is using ping plotter and do not use the net on that device either.

Archived