Cant find hardwired devices on netduma

Hi, I have just set up my netduma r1 router and I cant find my PS4 on host filtering, this is the only hardwired device. I can find

all my Wi-Fi devices.

I have found the PS4 on DHCP lease but have no idea why it wont show up on host filtering.

Do I need to find the router from the PS 4 or should it appear?

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks Steven

Hi I have found it again, my dot on the map seems to be in Australia, I think I should start again. I will reboot it. it is also telling me download speed online is at 5 mps but when I connect to my original virgin media set up it has me at 78 mpbs download.

I think I have done something wrong at the start.

Any ideas?

Hi Moffek1 - You can move your home with the use of the house looking icon.  For some reason a lot of the default locations was Australia (mine included) and this is relatively normal out of the box behavior.

As for the speeds, can you retest now that you are connected to port 2 via hardwire and see what your speeds are with that change?

Thank you Dillinger,

I'm having a nightmare. I tried a factory reset to make it work before your reply. I now cant log in to my main page, I also cant log onto my netduma wifi on my computer.

I set it up again and went to use the pass number and it wont work.

Have I completely messed this up?

I will wait this time for an answer

Thank you Dillinger,

I'm having a nightmare. I tried a factory reset to make it work before your reply. I now cant log in to my main page, I also cant log onto my netduma wifi on my computer.

I set it up again and went to use the pass number and it wont work.

Have I completely messed this up?

I will wait this time for an answer

LOL, sorry brother, I can only type so fast. :D  - If you reset, I believe your password has changed to "netdumar1" no quotes.  Give that a try and see if you can connect

Thank you soo much. Ill try the next few steps and hopefully you will still be around if I have another problem haha

I'm in and out all work day like a lot of folks.  I will be checking back after a couple of meetings.  Good luck!

JD

thanks to both, that went well, i have now added the PS4 to the host filtering and have played a couple of games of BO3.

I ran a ping test on the PS4 (wired) and it was still at 118ms, the download speed was 6 mbps and upload was 2 mbps. When i run the same test on my wifi laptop then it was

39mbps down and up off 6mbps and a ping of 19ms.

Is there any reason why there is such a difference, do i need to change any settings on either PS4 or netduma?

Thanks again guys

????

When you ran a speed test with a wired laptop, you only got 6mbps download, but when you ran the same test on wireless, you got 39mbps?  Same laptop, or different machines?

Hey Buck, do you remember if the Wifi work around was this?  I thought it was reversed for some reason???

I ran a speedtest on my wifi laptop as suggested on start up of the netduma (the laptop is downstairs next to netduma router) which shows these decent speeds of 39 down 6 up and good ping, I ran the coonection test on my PS4 (hardwired through a powerline adaptor) and it is giving me the much slower speeds of 6 down and 2 up.

My PS4 on device manager is showing active but dormant and my laptop is showing active with a IP address next to it and then wireless next to it.

is this the reason it is slower?

How do you make it active?

• Netduma Staff

I ran a speedtest on my wifi laptop as suggested on start up of the netduma (the laptop is downstairs next to netduma router) which shows these decent speeds of 39 down 6 up and good ping, I ran the coonection test on my PS4 (hardwired through a powerline adaptor) and it is giving me the much slower speeds of 6 down and 2 up.

My PS4 on device manager is showing active but dormant and my laptop is showing active with a IP address next to it and then wireless next to it.

is this the reason it is slower?

How do you make it active?

Is it just on the PS4 that the speeds are slow and pings are high? If so then I don't think you should worry about it as the PS4 test isn't accurate :)

Archived