Cancel the VPN attempts? Stuck in Connection Loop

Is there are way to stop or cancel or other wise KILL the VPN connection sequence? For the last couple of days, I have been stuck in a connection loop. I tried to connect, then the page just kept loading and loading. When i refreshed, it showed it was still disconnected. However, when i look in the VPN log, it shows the following over and over constantly adding more and more.  I have tried rebooting, and unplugging for a while, but even after that it continues pick up where it left off.

Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 WARNING: file '/tmp/vpncred' is group or others accessible
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.  See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]104.243.253.3:53
Fri Jan 15 13:07:16 2016 [PureVPN] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]104.xxx.xxx.xxx:53
Fri Jan 15 13:07:19 2016 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
Fri Jan 15 13:07:19 2016 SIGUSR1[soft,auth-failure] received, process restarting

I am really trying to avoid a factory reset as i have a ton of rules set up, so i'm checking to see about alternatives. 

Thanks in advance 

Is there are way to stop or cancel or other wise KILL the VPN connection sequence? For the last couple of days, I have been stuck in a connection loop. I tried to connect, then the page just kept loading and loading. When i refreshed, it showed it was still disconnected. However, when i look in the VPN log, it shows the following over and over constantly adding more and more.  I have tried rebooting, and unplugging for a while, but even after that it continues pick up where it left off.

Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 WARNING: file '/tmp/vpncred' is group or others accessible
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.  See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Fri Jan 15 13:07:09 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]104.243.X.X:53
Fri Jan 15 13:07:16 2016 [PureVPN] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]104.243.X.X:53
Fri Jan 15 13:07:19 2016 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
Fri Jan 15 13:07:19 2016 SIGUSR1[soft,auth-failure] received, process restarting

I am really trying to avoid a factory reset as i have a ton of rules set up, so i'm checking to see about alternatives. 

Thanks in advance 

Happened to me too , nothing you can do other than factory reset settings, sorry to say :(

Also , you may want to hide your VPN IP

Happened to me too , nothing you can do other than factory reset settings, sorry to say :(

Also , you may want to hide your VPN IP

Yeah I was afraid of that. That's why its taken me so long to do anything about it.

Are you not able to un tick the enable box to disconnect the VPN?

I have tried that, it still does the same thing. it's like the current process will not be deterred by the acts of mortal men

Are you not able to un tick the enable box to disconnect the VPN?

When it happens , it's impossible to change credentials in the VPN input box / disable the connection attempts , it gets stuck in an endless loop of failed connection attempts

• Administrators

it's like the current process will not be deterred by the acts of mortal men

Haha! Could you provide me with the top part of your VPN config? There may be something in there causing it to restart if it fails. Looks like you'll have to factory reset unfortunately. 

When it happens , it's impossible to change credentials in the VPN input box / disable the connection attempts , it gets stuck in an endless loop of failed connection attempts

Intriguing. I haven't seen this issue before. 

Haha! Could you provide me with the top part of your VPN config? There may be something in there causing it to restart if it fails. Looks like you'll have to factory reset unfortunately. 

Sure here's everything leaving up to the key.

client
dev tun
remote caq1.net 53
proto udp
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
cipher AES-256-CBC
comp-lzo
<ca>

And here's everything after 

</tls-auth>
key-direction 1

verb 1
mute 20
route-method exe
route-delay 2
auth-user-pass
auth-retry interact
ifconfig-nowarn

• Netduma Staff

Thanks I will definitely try that. There currently isn't a way to backup all settings is there?

If not , I will propose that as new feature. if I could back up and restore settings factory restore wouldn't be an issue

No but is is available to backup some settings in the next update and it is on the ticket system to be able to do full backups :)

No but is is available to backup some settings in the next update and it is on the ticket system to be able to do full backups :)

Sweet! I did add 'resolve-retry 0' since by default its 'resolve-retry infinite' so hopefully that will keep the loops from having it

Archived