New to NetDuma need help with Setup

Well I just got my NetDuma today and I am trying to set it up? So far I have everything wired, I have updated to the most recent update 1.03.5, and I have a open nat on my counsel following these intstructions:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/511-how-to-dmz-r1-on-uverse/?hl=at

However, I go into COD BlackOps3 and I dont show I am connecting to the game, and do not see a nat type available? where it used to say open, it now shows nothing?

Live in Dallas

I am hardwired on a XBOX1 

I have Uverse ATT

Router NVG589

NetDuma R1

I have the following plugged into my uverse router, main ethernet/internet cable, two tv cables, then netduma, I then have all other devices connected to the duma (ipad wifi, iphone wifi, xbox hardwire, macbook hardwire) 

I am completely lost in the setup at this point. I am new to this so I could really use some help. I am also totally and completely useless when it comes to being savy in the tech dept. 

PLEASE HELP,

Thanks yall,

Daniel

No now I have a strict nat type? Not sure how to do this??? Anyone who can help would appreciate it. 

Try rebooting everything and connecct just your console then boot it up, once that is done then turn on other devices.

No that didnt work? I am not sure what to do. I went through a whole process of trying to set this up, and literally jacked up all my settings trying to bridge my routers. It didnt work and I am not savy enough to do it without a serious walk through. My concern is that ATT doesnt play well with other routers, and I dont know how to configure this correctly. I followed some step by steps that I found in this forum, but again I am just at a loss. I am not going to give up on this, there has to be a way to pull this off. So I reset my att router to its factory settings and will wait till I can get a fellow netduma (even u sir) to help me with a step by step in trying to set this up. I could really use some help within this forum. I know it can work its just I need to know exactly the steps to do it. 

Thanks yall if you can help or if you have experienced these types of issues with the ATT NVG589 router and have pulled off the secret please let me know?   :huh:

Daniel

Hi , welcome to the netduma forum and congrats on your purchase :)
What order are your devices connected?

They should be in the following order
Your old router connected how it usually is > Using ethernet cable (one provided) , connect old router from port #1 to netduma ethernet port #1.
Then connect any wired devices through ports(s) #.2 , #.3, #.4.

After you do so , from any device that's connected , you should be able to access the netduma panel at http://192.168.88.1or http://r1/
If you can connect then that's great!

-

The next thing you need to do is go onto your old router panel and add the netduma WAN IP to DMZ, you can find your netduma WAN IP here: http://r1/cgi-bin/devpanel.sh

After you've added the WAN IP, I suggest restarting both devices.

When they're back up and running , go to the misc settings on netduma and make sure "Enable UPNP fowarding" is enabled.
Also, make sure you have both bleeding edge cloud and "Enable auto cloud" enabled , scroll down in the misc settings to find those options.

Lastly , setting up your console(s).
If your connection is wired , the setup will be extremely easy , all you have to do is go to network settings , set up the internet and set up a wired connection.
The process is automatic on playstation , not sure about xbox , but it should be the same thing generally.

I hope this helps , if you need more help let me know! :)

Thanks guys, I am at work right now but will be working on it again in about 4 hours. I am really concerned that this maybe an issue with AT&T Routers and being compatible with NetDuma Routers or any outside router for that matter.

Last night after getting way to deep into things I probably shouldnt have (bridging routers etc) I decided to reset all my settings back to the original factory default settings for my ISP Router. I disconnected all cables and power from NetDuma. Thus I will start from scratch again tonight.

I will say this, when I originally had set up my netduma I did have port forwarding still on my ATT router with a open NAT for Console and open Nat for COD. So I am not sure if that could have messed with the normal setup. So last night I deleted all those open ports when I did the factory default reset.  

So currently I have a completely clean standard ATT router. 

I am basically going to go through the above steps and see how it goes, I know this has to work there is no way it "couldnt work" right?

Have either of you had any experience working with ATT and Motorola NVG589 routers and setting up with NetDuma? Or do you know of anyone with experience in this? That will be the key I think... Everything I do with my gaming whether its open ports, routers, etc... It always seems to fall back on ATT and some BS thing I have to go through to make things like this work. And there tech support is the worst so I cant rely on them. I need someone from the forums who is experienced in working with ATT NVG589 and NetDuma. 

Thank you both for your help, and I will work on this tonight. Administrator thanks for caring, I will keep you posted on the results. 

Asentrix I will try this out and thank you for spending the time to help me. Please I will do the steps above with hopes you will continue to support me during this. I know it can be resolved but I have a feeling its going to take allot to work this out. And I am so not tech savy that is going to be the real problem. 

Thanks yall,

Daniel

Oh and to respond:

The order was:

Main Line from wall into ISP Router Main Line Port

TV to ISP Router Port 1

TV to ISP Router Port 2

ISP Router Port 3 into Duma Main Port 1 PoE

Duma Port 2 to XB1

Duma Port 3 to MacBookPro

iPhone to Duma Wifi

iPad to Duma Wifi

Im a bit lost on this part? 

The next thing you need to do is go onto your old router panel and add the netduma WAN IP to DMZ, you can find your netduma WAN IP here: http://r1/cgi-bin/devpanel.sh

After you've added the WAN IP, I suggest restarting both devices. 

I got my wan but I dont know how to add it to att? 

You'll have to use the ip passthrough for all AT&T routers which is the same as DMZ. Allow the Uverse router to restart and then check the device list for your R1. It should have a IP that does not start with 192, this indicates that it is in DMZ/ip passthrough. I know personally that Xbox Nat types will flip for no reason from open to strict. I constantly had to hard reset the console to get a open nat type. 

Hey everyone, thank you for all your help and being there. I got my NAT types open on console and in cod bops 3. I got some help from a friend, and yalls info was beyond helpful so thank you. 

Thank you again and hopefully at this point I will begin figuring out more about the netduma to set up the optimal settings for my system. Its a pretty big learning curve for someone like me that is completely out of the tech thing. So its awesome to have the support of this forum! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your help means a bunch!

Daniel

Archived