Setting up r1 on att uverse ip

I tried setting up the r1 on att uverse and as an end result I could not connect to bo3 servers. Seems to me I lost my phone ip address or something else went wrong. I ended having to order another modem. Can someone please help I want to try again but I would like to know a step by step guide if possible. I have att uverse modem switcher wan or wps thing. I have so many things hooked up I'm lost.

I have it working but my nat type is set to moderate even after I port forward 3074 and 3075 for black ops 3. Also do I have to have the laptop open to be able to play games on my Xbox 1? When I try and play without my laptop being open it will not let me get on the Xbox servers. Thx for your reply

• Netduma Staff

I have it working but my nat type is set to moderate even after I port forward 3074 and 3075 for black ops 3. Also do I have to have the laptop open to be able to play games on my Xbox 1? When I try and play without my laptop being open it will not let me get on the Xbox servers. Thx for your reply

Try removing all port forwarding then rebooting the consoles :) And no, you don't need your laptop on to play. Try disabling the GeoFilter to connect to the servers.

Nah plus my other TV receivers do not work either. I'm just gonna return it.

Have someone do a 1 on 1 with you and I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.I'm sure it's just a settings issue.

• Administrators

That still didn't work for me. I'm still getting moderate. Before when I just had my modem from my isp I port forward code 3075 and it worked so I don't know why it's not working with the r1

So is the R1 in the DMZ of your ISP hub or is it in modem mode? 

Ensure UPnP/port forwarding is removed from the ISP hub. 

Ensure you're only using UPnP or port forwarding on the duma - not both.

Set a static IP for your console. 

Ensure the console is off this entire time.

Disable the Geo-filter before booting up the game. 

Nah plus my other TV receivers do not work either. I'm just gonna return it.

Use the TV receivers with your ISP hub. It is quite likely they are restricted to that and are not able to be used with anything else. If all else fails you can PM me for a 1 on 1 as fuzzy says. 

Archived