Fiber-Optic Internet Feedback Please

AnonymousBleach

Hey Homies!

I just got an update that I can FINALLY upgrade to fiber-optic internet!! So I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else on here has Google Fiber by chance? and along with that:

-How difficult was the configuration with setting up the ISP router/modem into DMZ mode?
-What are your current settings?

-And overall how is it working with the Duma?

Any feedback is greatly appriciated!!
-Bleach

I have nothing to offer but my jealousy dripping into a deepening puddle at the floor of my desk.  What state are you in, lucky dog?

I do hope we can talk you into a Duma+Google Fiber review once you get it all set up and running like a beast?

I have nothing to offer but my jealousy dripping into a deepening puddle at the floor of my desk.  What state are you in, lucky dog?

I do hope we can talk you into a Duma+Google Fiber review once you get it all set up and running like a beast?

Haha I'm In Kansas City, MO... there is a dedi right by where I'm at too.. I currently get like a 22-30ms ping (Not bad atall..) but my buddy at work has Fiber, and says his is always at a 1... :o

and Oh, I absolutely will post something once its all said and done my friend! It was a shot in the dark if anyone active has those kind of speeds but im sure itll be just the same hassle like what i went through with at&t setup!

Haha I'm In Kansas City, MO... there is a dedi right by where I'm at too.. I currently get like a 22-30ms ping (Not bad atall..) but my buddy at work has Fiber, and says his is always at a 1... :o

and Oh, I absolutely will post something once its all said and done my friend! It was a shot in the dark if anyone active has those kind of speeds but im sure itll be just the same hassle like what i went through with at&t setup!

There isn't any Google fiber where I live, but I'm betting that it's such a new service there will hardly be any congestion on it. I just started using pingplotter and found serious congestion on my line over the weekend. Fios is awesome when there aren't a lot other people in my area using the internet.

Can't speak to your set up question as I only have 50/50 up/dwn. Never had to mess with turbo or super turbo. As streamer and YouTube uploader, you'll probably love the bandwidth

All my gaming friends who live in Kansas have google fiber. None have any special router or gaming setup just wired and they all wreck every lobby they play in. Thats all I know about it.

I could learn to hate you! Man I wish we could get it here. It available but at such a high cost I would have to win the Super Loto to afford it. Enjoy!

There isn't any Google fiber where I live, but I'm betting that it's such a new service there will hardly be any congestion on it. I just started using pingplotter and found serious congestion on my line over the weekend. Fios is awesome when there aren't a lot other people in my area using the internet.

Can't speak to your set up question as I only have 50/50 up/dwn. Never had to mess with turbo or super turbo. As streamer and YouTube uploader, you'll probably love the bandwidth

All my gaming friends who live in Kansas have google fiber. None have any special router or gaming setup just wired and they all wreck every lobby they play in. Thats all I know about it.

Yeah thats what I have heard about Fios, but it is still pretty good... you just gotta play the hours when no one is up basically tho... which would suck so i feel your pain there.

Also yea homie, thats what I have seen with people playing on fiber.. having speeds like that are just unreal for gaming. And honestly skill isnt even in the equation sometimes. Thats how some of the big youtubers are so good and always have the 80-100+ games. (EVERY SINGLE GAME)

I know for a fact themarkofJ has fiber and he is a god on the sticks.. (He is a robot as well when it comes to playing don't get me wrong, the man has skills.) But David V. said it best connection trumps all.. more power just means your going to beat your opponent 9 times outta 10. So yea I'm supper pumped ill have so much bandwidth I wont know what to do with myself lol :)

Best part will be me not having to game at night anymore for everyone to go to bed.. I will post the results when the day comes!

Your a lucky man to be getting google fiber.

And the last I knew it shouldn't be an issue at all hooking up your network with your new fiber modem/router and the duma.

And yes I am also jealous... :D

Yeah thats what I have heard about Fios, but it is still pretty good... you just gotta play the hours when no one is up basically tho... which would suck so i feel your pain there.

Also yea homie, thats what I have seen with people playing on fiber.. having speeds like that are just unreal for gaming. And honestly skill isnt even in the equation sometimes. Thats how some of the big youtubers are so good and always have the 80-100+ games. (EVERY SINGLE GAME)

I know for a fact themarkofJ has fiber and he is a god on the sticks.. (He is a robot as well when it comes to playing don't get me wrong, the man has skills.) But David V. said it best connection trumps all.. more power just means your going to beat your opponent 9 times outta 10. So yea I'm supper pumped ill have so much bandwidth I wont know what to do with myself lol :)

Best part will be me not having to game at night anymore for everyone to go to bed.. I will post the results when the day comes!

Your a lucky man to be getting google fiber.

And the last I knew it shouldn't be an issue at all hooking up your network with your new fiber modem/router and the duma.

And yes I am also jealous... :D

Lol thanks guys! I'm sure ill be able to get it figured out, were always testing different ways to get the best results so ill just work at it when the time comes! 

Well you know where to come if you have questions... :D

I'm sure you won't have ant issues and let us know how the gaming goes with the new fiber

Archived