My new netduma R1 router doesnt work

• Netduma Staff

Yes, i did that already. I can get in the user interface, but i cant get the internet to work. I had internet for 1 sec and then nothing . Can someone help one on one with me? Been more then a week when i got the router, and i still couldn't use it  :(

Is you go to Settings >> LAN and change automatic DNS to 'Disabled' then enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers, does that give you any internet? And what modem are you using?

Is you go to Settings >> LAN and change automatic DNS to 'Disabled' then enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers, does that give you any internet? And what modem are you using?

i tried your way. but still no internet. Im using SURFboard modem model SB6121, and my router is netgear R6200

I have comcast, and I have an sb6190. In order for my modem to link to my router(s), I have to make sure that the stored mac-addy in the modem matches the cloned mac in my router. So in the net-duma I had to go into settings/WAN and enable clone mac, and enter the stored mac addy from my modem.

To see the stored addresses in your modem, connect your pc directly to your modem. Now in a browser goto 192.168.100.1 and click on the addresses tab. There you should see two mac-addresses. Copy the bottom one that is "Learned", and then paste / type that into your net-duma when you hook it up again. {Settings / WAN /    "wan mac adress" enable that, then enter the mac-address into the blank space and click apply near the bottom of that section. Now hook everything up as normal and reboot the Net-Duma.

Sorry if that doesn't work for you. Something to try though.....

Good luck...

Archived