Extremely Laggy games on Xbox One Now

I've taken several screen shots.  The net duma was working fine for a few days after I got it, and hooked it up.  The past 2 days it's been extremely laggy.  I look in the xbox ping connection and it's shooting up to 400 ms and im stuttering all across the screen.  This has never happened to me until i got the Net duma.  I love it when it was working fine, i don't know why all of a sudden it's acting up.  Pleaseeeeeee help.

post-6110-0-77790500-1452548126_thumb.jpg

post-6110-0-06957300-1452548130_thumb.jpg

post-6110-0-72659700-1452548132_thumb.jpg

post-6110-0-31353500-1452548133_thumb.jpg

post-6110-0-06967300-1452548135_thumb.jpg

HI Mark - You don't have 'STRICT' checked in your Geo Filter and the picture shows you connecting OUTSIDE of the filter in Kansas.  Also, with a ping assist or 40ms, you are telling the router you will accept any game in the world with a base ping of 40 milliseconds or less, but the base ping will be much lower than the in game ping.

First thing I would recommend is checking STRICT, slide your Ping Assist down to ZERO.  Wait 2 minutes for everything to take effect, then reboot your console.  Jump in and see if the connections smooth out a bit.  

If they don't, we have a few other tricks up our sleeves, but this seems like a pretty simple lower level fix to get you better ping games closer to home.

JD

I've taken several screen shots.  The net duma was working fine for a few days after I got it, and hooked it up.  The past 2 days it's been extremely laggy.  I look in the xbox ping connection and it's shooting up to 400 ms and im stuttering all across the screen.  This has never happened to me until i got the Net duma.  I love it when it was working fine, i don't know why all of a sudden it's acting up.  Pleaseeeeeee help.

Actually I didn't check all your screen shots. But you have Bad Jitter and terrible spikes. Something may have happened to your line if all was good before.

HI Mark - You don't have 'STRICT' checked in your Geo Filter and the picture shows you connecting OUTSIDE of the filter in Kansas.  Also, with a ping assist or 40ms, you are telling the router you will accept any game in the world with a base ping of 40 milliseconds or less, but the base ping will be much lower than the in game ping.

First thing I would recommend is checking STRICT, slide your Ping Assist down to ZERO.  Wait 2 minutes for everything to take effect, then reboot your console.  Jump in and see if the connections smooth out a bit.  

If they don't, we have a few other tricks up our sleeves, but this seems like a pretty simple lower level fix to get you better ping games closer to home.

JD

Hi Dilinger,

I actually first tried it with strict on and it was lagging, then i took strict off and i still had the same issue.  I'm going to try to set it to 0 ms ping to see if that does the trick.  I'll let you know.  Thanks for getting back to me.  I really appreciate it.

I'd go 'STRICT' with "0" Ping Assist to start with.  That will keep your hosts INSIDE the Geo Filter, which should help.

Now it's possible you have other issues, but this will give you a solid starting point.

YMMV,

JD

I'd go 'STRICT' with "0" Ping Assist to start with.  That will keep your hosts INSIDE the Geo Filter, which should help.

Now it's possible you have other issues, but this will give you a solid starting point.

YMMV,

JD

YMMV,

JD

Thanks dude.  It seemed like that did the trick.  I stayed in the same lobby all night though LOL.  I didn't wanna lose that good lobby.  I'll try switching lobbies tomorrow to see if the connection stays good.  Thanks again.

Sounds like you are set for tonight Mark.  Here is a link to another thread we #Canaries just published on some settings that have been found to be beneficial with BO3 if you're interested.

As this seems to be resolved, and this is a support forum first, I will go ahead and close this thread.  If you have other issues, please feel free to make a new thread for that specifically.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

JD

You might have a broadband line issue going by your diagnostics.

Do some more tests peak and off peak.

For a more in depth test use ping plotter pro free for 30 days then it reverts to the free version https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and press go

Do not use the internet while you test.

Archived