My new R1 is bricked, need help

Hello everyone,

I am new owner of a Netduma R1 and after hours of reading guides and trying to make it work, I'am asking hell to your support.
A Network administrator helps me to diag what's wrong, and tell me there is a problem with the R1, it is probably bricked.

I follow this guide : http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_router&s%5B%5D=bricked
But I can't get the web interface. My computer directly connected with 192.168.1.2 IP.

When I connect the R1-port1 to my internet router, led lights up, but I don't see DHCP request.
When I connect my computer to R1-port2 to my computer, led lights up to, but don't get any IP by DHCP.
Finally, when the R1 is powered on, I don't see any new WiFi network.

These facts, I conclued the Netduma is bricked.

Did an administrator can help me for a RMA ?

Thanks by advance for your help.
Mika.

• Netduma Staff

Hello,

Not this has not occurred after an update .

I received my R1 there three days but can not be installed as explained above .

Is is possible to try another ethernet cable to connect to the Netduma with?

Thanks for your help.

I tried with the ethernet cable that comes with the Netduma and with another one that works between my internet router to my computer.

192.168.1.2 was my computer (with static IP config), as the guide said and I enter 192.168.1.1 in my web browser URL.

If I understand well, when we power on the netduma without any cable (isolated?), it boot with a default IP config to reconfigure his IP configuration ?

PS:Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Hi Mika - This would be a question for NetDuma_Fraser.  I have pinged him to let him know about this thread.

Salut Mika - Ce serait une question pour NetDuma_Fraser . Je lui ai cinglé pour lui faire part de ce fil.

• Administrators

Thanks for your help.

I tried with the ethernet cable that comes with the Netduma and with another one that works between my internet router to my computer.

192.168.1.2 was my computer (with static IP config), as the guide said and I enter 192.168.1.1 in my web browser URL.

If I understand well, when we power on the netduma without any cable (isolated?), it boot with a default IP config to reconfigure his IP configuration ?

PS:Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Yes just the power into netduma and an ethernet cable into your PC. 

Can you try what Net-1 said above please

Hello everybody,

To answer to your question :

"How did set up a static ip connection if you can't access netduma Web interface? "

The static IP is on my computer, I have to do this because if I set it on DHCP, I get DHCP default IP like 169.254.x.x.

"You can't just set static on pc."

How do I do to access 192.168.1.1 (Netduma isolated) when DHCP config fail ?

"Use automatic ip setting on your pc. Then netduma can use dhcp. "

What is the relationship between "set auto on my pc (DHCP client)", and the "netduma can use dhcp (DHCP client to)"

"Yes just the power into netduma and an ethernet cable into your PC."

Already done. If I put a static IP on my computer this is because I get false DHCP address when directly connected to the netduma (again isolated).

The Netduma operation is not clear. I follow the steps :

"To resolve, you should disconnect your Netduma router from the other hub so that it is isolated.

Then using an Ethernet cable, connect port 2 on the Netduma to a computer. Open a web browser on that computer and enter 192.168.1.1 in the url at the top. This should take you to the Netduma interface."

Exactly as said, and don't work :

1/Netduma is all unplug (supply, network, no cable)

2/Plug the supply

3/plug my computer on port 2

4/waiting to get an IP address but get DHCP error

5/proceed anyway, open web browser and enter 192.168.1.1

6/get error browser

So what I do after is :

7/put a static IP IP on my computer 192.168.1.2/24 (to be on the same IP subnet as the netduma should be 192.168.1.1)

8/refresh my web browser, and still get nothing.

What do you want more ? I follow the "bricked guide" and get nothing, it's not like it was hard guide to understand ? One cable to plug, really ?

I also follow the quick start guide, 2 cable to plug, port 1 on the ISP router, port 2 on my computer, poweron ISP router, poweron Netduma and it's done. Is that so hard to understand to ?

Do you really want I do a video of my manipulations ? Sometime I feel that you take me for a newbie.

I will try with another friend PC, I give you feedback Sunday.

Can you explain me what is a 1 on 1, I don't know the translation in french. Thanks.

Regards.

Fraser will join a private chat with you while he remotely connects to your system.  He can then make adjustments with you watching/reading and he can better inform you on the process.  Just send Fraser a PM (Private Message) and he will set up a time when you can be available.

Archived