Livestreaming w/ duma is not good

Ok, so I will say this using duma off streaming on MP is good.. but when it comes to Livestreaming not so good were it fall's short.... very short lag is there. Is this just me or what? I have seem to do many testing on this theory about it not being good for livestreaming and so far it seems to be right.. Before all ask about settings, I have kept all the same and did as forum suggested again, when I play multiplayer etc I'm fine and duma does good....but when I jump to livestream lag kicks in and bam it's like duma isn't working at all. I have great internet speed @ 200 dwn. and 20 up...

Ok, so I will say this using duma off streaming on MP is good.. but when it comes to Livestreaming not so good were it fall's short.... very short lag is there. Is this just me or what? I have seem to do many testing on this theory about it not being good for livestreaming and so far it seems to be right.. Before all ask about settings, I have kept all the same and did as forum suggested again, when I play multiplayer etc I'm fine and duma does good....but when I jump to livestream lag kicks in and bam it's like duma isn't working at all. I have great internet speed @ 200 dwn. and 20 up...

It could be your CPU thats not able to keep up, try lowering the stream bitrate.

It could be your CPU thats not able to keep up, try lowering the stream bitrate.

Could be not sure, I had thought about that. The only thing that makes me think that's not it is that I'm streaming through the ps4 youtube and twitch app that's direct connected to duma and st8 to modem. There is nothing else connected to duma. Any thoughts?

Could be not sure, I had thought about that. The only thing that makes me think that's not it is that I'm streaming through the ps4 youtube and twitch app that's direct connected to duma and st8 to modem. There is nothing else connected to duma. Any thoughts?

Maybe try lowering bitrate on the PS4 then,

sCiLhoL.jpg

S5WUGYo.jpg

What are your congestion control settings when playing and streaming?

Well I only have the ps4 connected to port 1 on the duma. and wifi connected only to one pc next to my setup for the website control of the duma etc. So, all together only 2 connected. I have the 32% set on both and the ps4 to have 90% of the source from the 2.

• Netduma Staff

Well I only have the ps4 connected to port 1 on the duma. and wifi connected only to one pc next to my setup for the website control of the duma etc. So, all together only 2 connected. I have the 32% set on both and the ps4 to have 90% of the source from the 2.

Are all devices in your home connected to the Netduma?

• Administrators

Reset device distribution and apply. If you're on .5 there is a bug so that is why you'd be having some trouble.

As others have already said, I'm betting it's because you have too high a stream bandwidth and the PS4's Jaguar CPU can't keep up which is introducing lag... That might actually be internal slow down of the game rendering versus latency (online lag)?

If you are going to stream, I highly recommend using a PC, or laptop that can take the transcoding load off the console. This is why most streamers... myself included... Use a two PC, or console + PC streaming setup because the biggest bottleneck for streaming (aside from having enough bandwidth) is having to transcode the video and audio data, so it can be viewed over the internet.

As a general rule, you want to shoot for a maximum 2500mbps (2.5 MB/s) @ 30fps, 720p. This goes for both Twitch and YT. If you want to do 60fps, keep the same bit rate, but drop your resolution to 540p. Remember, it's all compressed anyway and most viewers don't watch on desktop monitors to begin with. A good portion of your audience is on mobile devices like phones and tablets.

• 2 weeks later...

Are all devices in your home connected to the Netduma?

The only thing or things connected to duma is ps4 and pc wireless for the connection to the site 192... etc... so only 2 altogether. I think I might have figured it out though.... why it's like this...

Reset device distribution and apply. If you're on .5 there is a bug so that is why you'd be having some trouble.

I have reset it before... Are you speaking of the .5 in terms of the update version?

As others have already said, I'm betting it's because you have too high a stream bandwidth and the PS4's Jaguar CPU can't keep up which is introducing lag... That might actually be internal slow down of the game rendering versus latency (online lag)?

If you are going to stream, I highly recommend using a PC, or laptop that can take the transcoding load off the console. This is why most streamers... myself included... Use a two PC, or console + PC streaming setup because the biggest bottleneck for streaming (aside from having enough bandwidth) is having to transcode the video and audio data, so it can be viewed over the internet.

As a general rule, you want to shoot for a maximum 2500mbps (2.5 MB/s) @ 30fps, 720p. This goes for both Twitch and YT. If you want to do 60fps, keep the same bit rate, but drop your resolution to 540p. Remember, it's all compressed anyway and most viewers don't watch on desktop monitors to begin with. A good portion of your audience is on mobile devices like phones and tablets.

I was thinking about that and tried testing on it as well and big difference to separate the 2. The youtube streaming app isn't that good on connection but, just like you said use another pc to stream host etc worked out better and I was able to use the duma seperate for ps4 and just capture for stream through elgato and xsplit and way better game play.

Hey, I checked your channel. Pretty cool, brother :)

I wanted to ask, do you use an internal capture card for your PS4 game play, or the old USB ElGato HD (or other brand)?

I use the ElgatoHD60 Pro internal card and it makes streaming consoles a breeze... Except for party audio, but that's a whole other can of worms. I hated using the old one because USB wasn't fast enough to keep up with the data, and you had to figure in an audio and video delay into XSplit, OBS. 

I wanted to ask, do you use an internal capture card for your PS4 game play, or the old USB ElGato HD (or other brand)?

I use the ElgatoHD60 Pro internal card and it makes streaming consoles a breeze... Except for party audio, but that's a whole other can of worms. I hated using the old one because USB wasn't fast enough to keep up with the data, and you had to figure in an audio and video delay into XSplit, OBS. 

I had the older one... I just sold it and waiting to get paid back for it on amazon. I wanted to look into the the internal card hd60 vs the external card but, I wasn't to sure what exactly would be the difference. I just ordered a new pc coming in tomorrow for editing and streaming. It will have the new intel i7 6700 3.4 in it and a external graphics card but, I don't do pc gaming so only for streaming. Can you explain the difference between the 2 cards?

Oh and thank you for the channel view I hope you find something of interest on there.

The Elgato HD60 Pro is an internal PCI-E card you install in your PC. You connect the console(s) and then just stream directly from the PC using XSplit, or OBS.

The big difference is the old Elgato HD60 is USB (external connection), so it's limited by how much bandwidth it can handle. For real time, HD video, you need something stronger... Like a PCI-E lane. Hence, why the HD60 Pro is internal vs. external.

I highly recommend it. There are others like the Avermedia capture card, but if you like Elgato, then stick with them because their products don't disappoint, IMO.

If you want to see what real time 60fps HD (Downscaled to 540p for Twitch) check out my channel:

twitch.tv/r1_dmg_llc

Check my profile and then "Highlights" since I use the loophole of making an hour-long broadcast a "highlight" ;)

I want to get back to streaming, but became sick during Christmas, and am now just feeling better.

The Elgato HD60 Pro is an internal PCI-E card you install in your PC. You connect the console(s) and then just stream directly from the PC using XSplit, or OBS.

The big difference is the old Elgato HD60 is USB (external connection), so it's limited by how much bandwidth it can handle. For real time, HD video, you need something stronger... Like a PCI-E lane. Hence, why the HD60 Pro is internal vs. external.

I highly recommend it. There are others like the Avermedia capture card, but if you like Elgato, then stick with them because their products don't disappoint, IMO.

If you want to see what real time 60fps HD (Downscaled to 540p for Twitch) check out my channel:

twitch.tv/r1_dmg_llc

Check my profile and then "Highlights" since I use the loophole of making an hour-long broadcast a "highlight" ;)

I want to get back to streaming, but became sick during Christmas, and am now just feeling better.

Ok, kool!!! yeah I think I might get the pro!

With regards to party chat you want one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chat-Link-Party-Adapter-Xbox/dp/B016WRN218/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453559367&sr=8-1&keywords=elgato+chat+link

Easy to set up and I have mine plugged in to the line in on my pc because I have a Hauppauge card.

Archived