How to find YOUR best settings.

• 2 months later...

how did you get an A for speed on dsl reports - i'm at 40/10 and i get an F? btw, nice setup guide!

Was just curious. While speed as you noted shouldn't be overly critical (console, cod), seems no matter what I do I'm always a speed of "B" yet (assume I am set up properly, oh and yes depending on slider settings of course) I pay for/ can achieve 150+ Mbps down and 12 Mbps up.

So - does anyone know how 'speed' is calculated such that I'm only a B rating yet the gentleman above gets "A" with a 50 Mbps down package? (Not at all condescending lol!!! It's a humble inquiry)...

Only thing I haven't tried yet is prioritizing the laptop performing the test to 100%... but in theory if "share excess" is enabled then I'd argue in principal that it's moot (unless my other two devices currently connected are maxing out their allocated bandwidth which they are most totally not right now).

Well ok - just before posting I did that experiment... and still A+ and A+, but at a B rating for speed (just assume/go with it :) I don't feel like snapping a screen shot)...

Any thoughts? Thx!

-Q

I think the speed rating is based on other users of your particular ISP. So an average is taken and say the top 3 % for speed on Virgin etc would be an A+ next 8% might be a B etc

Archived