Local DNS

Hi guys,

I just got my new Netduma router and I was trying to configure it to use my internal DNS server. I've configured the settings in the LAN section after disabling the Auto DNS and inserting my server's IP address. I've tried rebooting the router multiple times but I couldn't get it to forward DNS requests to my server, any suggestions ?

I'm using the latest build 1.03.5m

• Netduma Staff

Ok - it may be that the router doesn't support local DNS servers. Can you try using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if that does work. If it does then local DNS servers may need to be something that it added in the feature :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just FYI, I have the same issue, also using Synology DNS.  When I check my clients, they do not get my Synology's IP (192.168.1.15) as their DNS provider, but the router's IP (192.168.1.1).  As the previous poster stated, if I set things statically they work fine.

Okay interesting. If it works when static that is the main thing!

Ideally I would like everything except for a couple of devices to be DHCP.  Would it break any of the gaming functionality if I used the Synology for DHCP also?

So, apparently disabling the DHCP server on the R1 does not work either.  It was fighting my Synology to hand out IPs, and nothing could get out to the interwebs.  This is after I disabled the DHCP in settings and restarted the router.  It appears there is no solution at the moment for local DNS?

• Administrators

So, to recap:

1.  Disabling DHCP in the router does not work at all, DHCP continues to function regardless of the enabled/disabled setting

2.  Pointing the router at a local DNS server does not work

I just want to check that you guys are aware of these 2 problems?

Are you clicking apply at the bottom of the page when you disable DHCP? 

I'll show the dev so he is aware/if he has any suggestions.

Are you clicking apply at the bottom of the page when you disable DHCP? 

I'll show the dev so he is aware/if he has any suggestions.

I click Apply.  I've also tried a soft restart through the web console afterwards, and even a hard restart via power cycling afterwards.

• 1 month later...

bonjour j ai achter le netuma parce que je me fais ddos a chaque fois le prob c est que je sais pas comment avoir un vpn s il vous plait aider moi je peux plus live plus rien est ce qu il faut payer un abonnement pour avoir un dns si oui lesquel merci

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi sorry,

I'm still working on the new update. It's a big transformation so it's going to take a while. In the mean time please just set them up statically.

I'll try get a hot fix done once I've reached a major milestone on the current project. However this is taking priority on everything as it is quite intensive work and switching to something else will lose momentum. Hope you understand. 

Best,

Iain

Archived