Speed and ping issues

Hi, I've been using the Netduma for a couple of weeks and I've noticed that I'm getting worse pings and around 25 - 27 Mb's less than I do when using the router that came with my plusnet package. As I'm mostly using Steam and CS:GO I'm not seeing the advantages of purchasing this router (my brother does on BO3 mind). So rather than arguing that the router needs to be returned I though I'd ask on here if there is any way to fix the ping and connection issues.

I get around 11 - 19ms ping and 74 - 79 down on the technicolor router and around 36 - 40 ms ping and 48 - 52 down on the Netduma.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Joshua. 

Hi Joshua, I'm on plusnet fibre too and so far my online gaming experience has been poop to say the least upload and download is good, but was wondering if there were any fellow users who were having the same laggy bs. I played aw(can't play on my xb total instakill) on my neighbours xb1 connected via WiFi to the standard sky router and it was sweet. I think that plusnet is just a bit slow anyways does your bro play blops3 on plusnet as well or does he use another isp?

This should fix the speed issue. As far as the ping, i would say check the red cable because it gets loose alot.

That's sorted it thanks  :)

Hi Joshua, I'm on plusnet fibre too and so far my online gaming experience has been poop to say the least upload and download is good, but was wondering if there were any fellow users who were having the same laggy bs. I played aw(can't play on my xb total instakill) on my neighbours xb1 connected via WiFi to the standard sky router and it was sweet. I think that plusnet is just a bit slow anyways does your bro play blops3 on plusnet as well or does he use another isp?

Yeah we're on the same connection, just asked my brother and he said it's 50/50 if he gets a good connection. I honestly couldn't notice the difference when I played BO3 when we got the Netduma but I don't really play BO3 so I'm not the best person to judge. My brother plays it a lot (I don't know why, it's a shit game in my eyes lol) and he said it's 50/50 so take from that what you will.

• Netduma Staff

I don't no, it doesn't work with Competitive does it?

Not sure, I was just wondering :) Do you get to chose the server on competitive or does it automatically put you on one? (I've never played CS:GO).

• Netduma Staff

It automatically picks one for you. Same thing for casual I think.

Ok. In that case maybe the GeoFilter would work because you can get a host close to you? I really don't know though as I've never played the game - I think Fraser will be able to help more when he reads this as I think he knows how the game works :)

Ok. In that case maybe the GeoFilter would work because you can get a host close to you? I really don't know though as I've never played the game - I think Fraser will be able to help more when he reads this as I think he knows how the game works :)

As they use dedicated servers I'm not sure it would as it picks the best server based on everyones ping I think but tbh I'm not really how the servers work.

• Netduma Staff

As they use dedicated servers I'm not sure it would as it picks the best server based on everyones ping I think but tbh I'm not really how the servers work.

Ok, hopefully Fraser can give some advice :)

Fraser can confirm, but CSGO has clusters of servers around the country to handle specific regions e.g. Los Angeles, SF, NYC, etc.

I have a small home brew program a CS Community member coded that allows you to pick the closest server(s) similar to the Netduma. However, the big difference is if you are in a party... Which most competitive players have to be in... While you may limit yourself to a specific region, the MM puts you on a random server somewhere in that region, so there is no DDoS, or unfair competitive advantage (done on purpose).

Fraser can confirm, but CSGO has clusters of servers around the country to handle specific regions e.g. Los Angeles, SF, NYC, etc.

I have a small home brew program a CS Community member coded that allows you to pick the closest server(s) similar to the Netduma. However, the big difference is if you are in a party... Which most competitive players have to be in... While you may limit yourself to a specific region, the MM puts you on a random server somewhere in that region, so there is no DDoS, or unfair competitive advantage (done on purpose).

Ahhh thanks for confirming. Is that program this one on fpsbanana? if so I've used that in the past. Would the netduma work in the same way when playing solo?

Thinking about it I think I'd rather play with my friends and have good teamwork over playing solo and having a better connection but deal with no teamwork and the toxic CS community lol

• Administrators

Ahhh thanks for confirming. Is that program this one on fpsbanana? if so I've used that in the past. Would the netduma work in the same way when playing solo?

Thinking about it I think I'd rather play with my friends and have good teamwork over playing solo and having a better connection but deal with no teamwork and the toxic CS community lol

So I haven't tested CS:GO in awhile, but JConnor is correct. I know it doesn't work for competitive but I think it does work for casual so you could try that. 

Has the congestion control solved the ping issue?

Archived