low speeds nd trouble bridgeing modem

strongbowpint

• Netduma Staff

thanks so much i was on the old settings, my speed test is still max 18 on the ps4 is this because the duma is giving it what it needs not just the whole lot? also my nat is open but still got blue box. regrds les

The blue box is ok - it doesn't matter if that shows if you have an open NAT. The PS4 test is inaccurate. As long as you have the speeds you expect with a wired test on your PC it is ok.

• Administrators

Ensure your radius doesn't include Spain, strict mode on and ping assist at 0. That way only things inside your radius will be allowed.

However, if they are connecting to the dedicated server in your radius we can't prevent that but you will have a good ping to the host which is what matters.

• Administrators

ping assist at 0? ok i must not understand the ping assist then i thought it was the hishest the thers could be

Ping assist, assists the Geo-filter by allowing hosts outside of your radius if they are below the ping limit you've set. If you don't want anything outside the radius PA at 0 & strict on will prevent this. 

still struggling guys, set it to 90 for ps4 and youtube still buffers ,nt sureif this is doin me any favours atm. hpefully it does or i might want to return. regards les

dl speed is good on laptop just the ps4 is struggling and thats wht i got it for

If you are on the latest version (1.03.5) reset device distribution and apply. You should then have full speeds with 100% anti-flood sliders. Then to prevent local congestion lower sliders to 70% - keep in mind this will lower your speeds if you do a speed test, however any local congestion will be eliminated.

The console speed tests can be quite inaccurate, it is not essential for your console to have your full speed. Gaming uses very little bandwidth, about ~0.3mbps so you have absolutely plenty to game on. 

Archived