300d/20u and not getting my full speeds.

so ive ran through the wiki, and all the guides but no luck in getting my full speeds. its really affecting my connection. it will go from 300 down to 0.5 down. up speed is constant but im all over the place with the download speed. 

im really getting to the point of returning this router, this is the last resort. im seriously looking for ACTUAL HELP. not some "go look at the guides and the wiki" ..ive done that. lets go past that please.

1. entered in my download speeds from ISP (tested directly from modem at 330d/23u) and entered it in. ive even enter in the speeds i pay for (300d/20u)

2. checked reactive.

3. unchecked IPv6 in all 3 locations

4. selected turbo mode. rebooted

5. even checked super turbo. rebooted.

i never get close to wher emy speeds are.

im always at 150d or below.

EDIT** 

i also have deep packet proccessing disabled and i am upgraded to the current firmware

• Netduma Staff

can you reiterate what you mean by "reset the speeds"? its late and mis read that.

In the congestion control section, underneath device prioritisation there is a button that says 'Reset Distribution'. Press that then redo the speed test :)

to answer both of your questions.

ive done both.

super and regular turbo both ticked. nothing changes. In fact, if i remember correctly, when i ticked them both it got worse.

with either one of them ticked. still doesnt change a thing.

@crossy did that, no change. the one time it did change, my connection would bounce around like a jack rabbit on cocaine. then crash down to the lowest speeds possible.

• Netduma Staff

motorola arris

surfboard modem 600 series.

model # SB6183

capable of 686 MBPS

I think the problem is that the modem is not compatible with the modem. It is one of the very few that is buggy with the Netduma.

You could either get a new modem or connect your previous router to the modem and then connect then Netduma to that.

if thats the case then the netduma is out of here. this is by far the best modem, and the netduma isnt compatible with it? 

sounds like a dev problem. 

with that said i will like to point out that my previous modem is also not compatible with this router, so lets make that 2 of the "very few" that are not.

by the looks of the threads and the amount of guides, this isnt the first time this problem has occurred.

ive ran modem to router to netduma, and had issues. ran modem to netduma and had issue. ive ran the newest motorola to netduma and had issues.

ive seen people get things squared away, so what else can i try or do that i havent done already, without buying more equipment?

It's a chipset issue with the SB6183 and the duma.Believe it or not not everything in the world is compatible and sometimes you need to make changes with your equipment.People on here have had that modem and had issues and replaced it with a different modem and the issue's were gone.

• Administrators

Hi Chowder,

I know it's frustrating, it's very frustrating for us but that modem has a buggy implementation of energy efficient ethernet. We've tried everything our end to make the thing play nice but nothing worked. Hopefully they bring out a firmware update for the modem. 

Having said that in my experience modems are very simple compared to routers unless it's terrible they are all pretty much the same. 

Archived