Netduma Won't Work Properly

• Netduma Staff

You've really not included a lot of information for us to help you. Everyone here is happy to help and almost all of the time, problems are user error and can be sorted fairly quickly.

Can you be more specific with the issues you are having. What doesn't work properly about the wireless? What do you mean exactly when you say "My netduma doesn't even work when it's not connected to my ISP's router"? What were you connecting it to when it didn't work? What version are you on?

When you load up the game you should disable the GeoFilter.

Are you sure you configured the duma properly in your network ?

Make sure your GF is disabled before you get online to game.

And could use a little more info on the issues your having to help you get it sorted out

You've really not included a lot of information for us to help you. Everyone here is happy to help and almost all of the time, problems are user error and can be sorted fairly quickly.

Can you be more specific with the issues you are having. What doesn't work properly about the wireless? What do you mean exactly when you say "My netduma doesn't even work when it's not connected to my ISP's router"? What were you connecting it to when it didn't work? What version are you on?

When you load up the game you should disable the GeoFilter.

When I plug my Netduma directly into my modem I can't connect to the internet at all even with wired.

I've just tried starting the game with the geo filter off it still won't let me host a game as soon as I turn it on.

I'm on the latest version.

My netduma will only connect to my laptop through wired connection the wifi for my netduma doesn't even appear and yes I have the wireless setup.

Thank you for the fast reply. 

What version specifically, it says at the bottom of every page :) What modem do you have and who is your ISP? Can you take a screen shot of the top of the GeoFilter and post it here.

© Netduma Software Ltd.
R1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd .

My ISP is BT and and I have the original BT infinity Hub.

• Netduma Staff

Fist of all you need to upgrade (1.03.3 isn't the latest (even though it says it is on the GUI). You can upgrade here - make sure you read all the instructions carefully :)

Do you have a BT Openreach modem that the BT Hub is connected to?

• Netduma Staff

Ok. To connect to that with the Duma you need to use PPoE. You can do this, but I'd suggest using the BT Hub in-between the modem and Duma. There are no downsides to doing this - just turn off the Wifi on the BT Hub. It is better than using PPoE :)

Also remember to upgrade using the link above as 1.03.3 does not work with Bops3.

Ok. To connect to that with the Duma you need to use PPoE. You can do this, but I'd suggest using the BT Hub in-between the modem and Duma. There are no downsides to doing this - just turn off the Wifi on the BT Hub. It is better than using PPoE :)

Also remember to upgrade using the link above as 1.03.3 does not work with Bops3.

I'm updating my netduma right now.

Is it necessary to turn my wifi off on my BT hub or can I leave it on?

Thanks for the help. 

• Netduma Staff

I'm updating my netduma right now.

Is it necessary to turn my wifi off on my BT hub or can I leave it on?

Thanks for the help. 

You could leave it on, but all it will do is cause interference and isn't really necessary as all devices should be connected to the Duma :)

You could leave it on, but all it will do is cause interference and isn't really necessary as all devices should be connected to the Duma :)

When I play a game with my geo filter on it makes me lag like crazy then kicks me out and puts me to a moderate NAT do I need to turn the geo filter off as soon as I get into a game?

• Netduma Staff

When I play a game with my geo filter on it makes me lag like crazy then kicks me out and puts me to a moderate NAT do I need to turn the geo filter off as soon as I get into a game?

When you get into the game disable the GeoFilter so you don't get kicked. But is is strange that you get kicked straight away. Can you take a screen shot of the top of the GeoFilter. Also, what is the ping to the host when you get in a game? :)

When you get into the game disable the GeoFilter so you don't get kicked. But is is strange that you get kicked straight away. Can you take a screen shot of the top of the GeoFilter. Also, what is the ping to the host when you get in a game? :)

I don't get kicked straight away it lags for about 30 seconds to a minute then kicks me is that normal?

• Netduma Staff

It's strange that you are lagging as 20ms is a very good ping to the host. Maybe you could try blocking the host if it is laggy? Also make sure congestion control is set to 70% :)

• Netduma Staff

It only makes me lag when the geo filter is on is that supposed to happen? When I turn it off I don't lag at all.

No, that isn't supposed to happen :) Are you connecting to the same host when it is enabled/disabled?

• Netduma Staff

How would I check that?

Any padlocks/triangles showing up? It's definitely unusual - I've not seen anyone have this problem. Are you sure it couldn't just be coincidence that the lag stops when you disable the GeoFilter? You said the ping was 20ms which means that should really not be any lag.

Any padlocks/triangles showing up? It's definitely unusual - I've not seen anyone have this problem. Are you sure it couldn't just be coincidence that the lag stops when you disable the GeoFilter? You said the ping was 20ms which means that should really not be any lag.

I just had another game and it doesn't appear to be dong it anymore it must of been a coincidence I'll update you if it happens again. Thank you for all the help.

Archived