Congestion Control robs me of 10Mbs?

I've been playing about with Congestion Control today. I wanted to prioritise my PS4 so allocated 20% of the bandwidth. When I did this and ran a speed test using the app on my new Apple TV (hardwired) the speed was reported at 50Mbs. I have a 68/18 connection so I thought that was about right. However, when I reran with the test with the PS4 switched off the speed was still 50Mbs. I thought with 'Share Excess' enabled it would free up all the bandwidth. 

It gets more intriguing, If I reset the distribution and re-run the speed test the results are always in excess of 60Mbs on the Apple TV app. The plot thickens though. If I allocate 5%, 10%, 100% of the bandwidth to the Apple TV the speed tests drop back to 50Mbs. What's going on?

I'm thinking there is a bug with the prioritization flower. Every since it went from not only doing upload but download there have been bandwidth issues. This is an issue with firmware 1.03.5m. The admins know about it and are working on a fix.

I'm thinking there is a bug with the prioritization flower. Every since it went from not only doing upload but download there have been bandwidth issues. This is an issue with firmware 1.03.5m. The admins know about it and are working on a fix.

Upload seems unaffected, it's just download. Would this have anything to do with my PPPOE set-up? I'm now using the R1 to do this rather that using my ASUS router which now simply hosting my Wi-Fi connections. 

No. I think your setup is good. It is best to have modem>R1>Asus that way you can utilize all the functions of the R1.

What makes me think it is the prioritization flower is when you reset it everything goes back to normal.

• Administrators

Please reset device prio if there is a bug. It will definitely be fixed in new firmware that has asymmetric device prio as well.

Opa please follow these instructions:  http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

If you have problems in​ future please start a new thread. Happy Xmas all :)

Archived