Netgear D7800 and Netduma

sharpz44

So I have the netduma but have not been using it as I have the Netgear x4s D7800 combined fibre modem router which is very good, was wondering if connecting the Netduma to that router and then the ps4 into the Netduma would have any significant benefit as the D7800 has bandwidth management, also not sure how the duma would actually connect to a combined modem router, Thanks in advance for any info. 

• Netduma Staff

The Netduma will work much better with everything connected through it and will also have better congestion control that the Netgear. But if you want to continue to use the Netgear as the primary router then you just need to plug the Netduma into it and the PS4 into the Netduma :)

• Administrators

As well as what Crossy said, if you just choose to have the PS4 connected to the R1 you can ensure you get more local hosts and therefore a lower ping which you won't get with the Netgear.

If you use it when the hub is in router mode just put the R1 in the DMZ to ensure an open NAT for your console. 

Ok cheers, I mainly play BF4 which is dedi servers, I was using the Duma but had to swap it out some time ago due the amount of clients connected and the requirement for AC draft and 5ghz band, is there maybe a future plan for the duma to get the later, think I will give it another look with it connected to the netgear >ps4.

Archived