Can you block yourself as host?

shantzonpoint

I enjoy playing mw3 every now and then but the host lag in the game has always been an issue for me. Is there a way you can block yourself from being host with the netduma?

I used to get host all the time on cod games.

Happens very rare now with the netduma.

When i did i had a very local lobby which played great. 

Interesting to know if same happens to you?

I used to get host all the time on cod games.

Happens very rare now with the netduma.

When i did i had a very local lobby which played great.

Interesting to know if same happens to you?

I've never really had an issue with being host (lag wise) with any cod besides mw3. I was host once last night and the game played great. I got destroyed but the game played fine.......lol.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I enjoy playing mw3 every now and then but the host lag in the game has always been an issue for me. Is there a way you can block yourself from being host with the netduma?

The Geo-filter wasn't designed to prevent you becoming host, sorry! 

• 1 month later...

SInce I started using netduma, I realized that it doesnt make me host anymore. Whenever we play Ranked Play, I usually get host when we search with a full party.

Now with netduma, even with the geo filter off, i never get host anymore.

I've noticed that in advanced warfare I NEVER get anything other than dedicated servers , the game host will always transfere to a dedi as the game counts down to start , does anyone else get this ?

its like this for me 100% of the time

I almost never get on a player host in aw. It's always an awful dedi

I feel ur pain with the dedi servers but I've found setting my congestion controll to 70 70 my game plays real smooth,I dont have the best internet either 19 down 1 up,CC is the key to AW in my experience

I was running into this problem too. The dedis were awful. I had jitter as varied as 800 ms. I checked my Internet diagnostics were all excellent. I was pretty frustrated.

I live in TX and have AT&T uverse gigapower and Internet TV. I figured it could be something internal. I finally switched my anti-flood from reactive to preemptive and the jitter calmed way down. I'm having a blast again. Hope that someone reads this and finds it to be useful.

Also, kudos to you guys at Netduma. I've been buying routers, messing with custom (tomato by Shibby) firmware and even learning Linux scripts to try combat lag.

I plugged this little white box into the back of this crummy gateway that AT&T installed, popped it into the DMZ and everything just works. Good job fellas. If you're looking for distributors in the States, sign me up. Great product, best money I've ever spent on gaming!

I've noticed that in advanced warfare I NEVER get anything other than dedicated servers , the game host will always transfere to a dedi as the game counts down to start , does anyone else get this ?

I was wondering about this as well.  I have noticed it in AW at first as well. As I live near Seattle, there is a large cluster of them that I ended up on just about every game as far as I can remember since the Duma has entered my life.  #truelove

Recently, I swear I am seeing it in Blops 2 on Friday night.  There is what I assume are Blops 2 dedis down in the San Diego/SoCal area.  A lot of times they aren't lit during the lobbies, but they seem to get a transfer right as we go to that annoying loading screen where all audio blasts through on the headset and I'm playing on those dedis.  Can't say that I mind, as the ping is good and it keeps the rage quit host migrations down.   :ph34r:

Archived