Ping Assistance

Just a quick question to make sure that I understand how things work on the R1.  I have Ping Assistance setup for 35ms on Xbox 360 - Xbox Live PA.  I have the distance setup to be ~700 miles too. I'm located in the central US and only have been playing Black Ops 2.  Am I correct in saying that this setup allows me to connect to a host within that range OR to a host/dedicated server outside the 700 mile boundary IF the ping is 35ms or lower?

I've tried to read everything possible about it and watched the videos.  Just making sure that what I am applying what I heard or saw properly.

Loving the router so far.  Just trying to tweak every little detail.

Thanks,

Bacon

• Netduma Staff

Outstanding.

This may be a stupid question... but how I do know if I'm the host?  I'm assuming that I can still be the host.

Thanks.

It isn't a stupid question :) All circles on the GeoFilter will be big and that means you are host.

I have had my netduma for 6 months now. Tried almost everything suggested by users and admins. I have 250 down and 20 up for my internet. Nats open. Games don't seem particularly laggy but I feel I'm always a second behind

Oops...didn't mean to post yet. Anyways...

I see players way before they even see me and as soon as I start shooting I'm insta melted with one shot constantly. Lol but when I kill someone it seems to take 3/4 of a clip, and I ain't missing. My ping graph never looks like a straightest line. It's usually hovers between 30ms and 60ms but very wavy. If I new how to post a pic with my iPhone I would. Now is this my isp? I've had them over a number of times to look at it but they seem to think everything is good...

Thoughts?

I have had my netduma for 6 months now. Tried almost everything suggested by users and admins. I have 250 down and 20 up for my internet. Nats open. Games don't seem particularly laggy but I feel I'm always a second behind

Input lag from your tv? I switched to a BenQ RL2460HT and it's a night and day difference from my old plasma tv.

Or if it's AW then it's just the game lol it's not good at all.

Oops...didn't mean to post yet. Anyways...

I see players way before they even see me and as soon as I start shooting I'm insta melted with one shot constantly. Lol but when I kill someone it seems to take 3/4 of a clip, and I ain't missing. My ping graph never looks like a straightest line. It's usually hovers between 30ms and 60ms but very wavy. If I new how to post a pic with my iPhone I would. Now is this my isp? I've had them over a number of times to look at it but they seem to think everything is good...

Thoughts?

Hey, welcome to the forum. Heres a few things that may help you.

It would be good if you could give us the internet diagnosis /ping results you get and post them using the screenshot instructions provided below. 

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_take_a_screen_shot

Also ensure you're on the latest version which is 1.03.4, you can check your version by scrolling to the bottom of any page on the R1 control panel. If its below 1.03.4 you can upgrade by following this link read the instructions carefully http://wiki.netduma....d=manual_update

Once you've done that ensure you go through this optimal settings guide http://wiki.netduma....ne_tune_netdumaplease make sure you disable IPv6 in all places as well as unchecking deep packet processing. 

In settings > miscellaneous check auto and bleeding edge cloud and then click apply. 

Also make sure you're using Chrome or Firefox as well.  Hope some of these suggestions help. Happy gaming.

Input lag is something totally different, if it was input lag when you move your charector there would be a delay in seeing him move to when you actually move your analogue. A lot of people get the whole input lag mixed up..

By the sounds of it the fluctuations in ping is the problem, I have been watching pings for months now and when I am on a host with minimal ping fluctuations the game is fair and good to play even if the ping is pretty high, for example me and Crossy played on a host of 70+ ping but because the highest spike was 2ms the game played very well.

Unfortunately the servers are so bad because of people playing on wireless and a congested network it ruins the game for all of us.

Hope this answer helps a little bit, the main thing you can do is ensure you have the most stable ping you can have, being wired and using congestion control. Everything else is out of your control :(..

Archived