Internet Drop out and cant find a game.

I can get my hands on a HH3? At the minute I have changed out the Ethernet cable running between the HH5 and the Netduma and No drop out as of yet but its very random when the drop outs happen so I will have to keep an eye on it tonight.

• Administrators

Let us know how you get on with that. Also on the non game issue can ensure you follow this guide http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_can_t_i_see_anything_on_the_geofilterand go to settings > miscellaneous and tick auto/bleeding edge and click apply. Apply even if they're ticked already.

So the HH3 wouldnt even connect to the internet, not sure why.  Changing out the ethernet cable also didnt work, I have tried the bleeding edge cloud setting just now but I am about to go out so I will have to update you on that again.

• Netduma Staff

I don't think this is a Netduma problem. As well as me having the problem with the HH5, a quick search would show others have had it. If you can't get the HH5 to work then you could try ringing BT and as for a HH4. Or buy your own modem/router (so not a BT one) :)

• Netduma Staff

I get what your saying but I take the Netduma out of the system and it works completely fine on the HH5 so that would suggest its a Netduma issue.

But you said the HH5 internet also goes down. Do you turn the Wifi off on the HH5 cause the drop outs only happened for me when I did that :)

Not so lucky, plugged the Netduma in and within 2 hours it started to drop out again.  I have currently taken the Netduma out of the system fully to see what the new router will do without the Netduma on.  If this doesn't drop out then surely its a Netduma issue? If it does drop out do you have any suggestions? I will change the DLS wire and see if that has a fault in it somewhere but if that doesn't work then I am stuck.

• Netduma Staff

I honestly still believe that this could be a HH5 conflicting or issue with the Netduma. Can I just check, when the internet drops out, do you get a light come on the front of the HH and also the bar changes orange? If so that is exactly what happened to me but as soon as I used the HH4 the problem was fixed. Also maybe try switching the Wifi back on on the HH5 as for me (unless it was coincidence) the problem only happened when Wifi was off.

Yes thats exactly what happens.  At the minute I am testing my adsl wire, as when I unplugged the Netduma this time the connection still dropped so I would say this is a BT issue now and not a Netduma.  If this goes down again then I really do need to locate a HH4.

Bt Huawei modems are very good I have one you can pick one up on ebay cheap much better than HH's though others may disagree :)

I have one of these lying around some where.  Should I completely take the HH5 out of the system and just use this to then go into the Netduma?  Thank you for the support guys just want to get this fixed and when on the phone to the guys at BT its like speaking to a brick wall.

• Netduma Staff

I have one of these lying around some where.  Should I completely take the HH5 out of the system and just use this to then go into the Netduma?  Thank you for the support guys just want to get this fixed and when on the phone to the guys at BT its like speaking to a brick wall.

Yeah, you can do that - it would definitely be better as Zennon said than any HH :)

Archived