BO4 Geo Filter suggestion.

Tez

Some suggestions:

Ok well I think it’s pretty much agreed that BO4 geo filtering isn’t working quite as expected. There’s a certain server in Greece (On Geo Filter) that plays like a dream for Blackout, my ping (UK based) ranges from 10-25 ms so I know it’s not really in Greece. I think the IP lookup gave me a UK based address. Anyway, unfortunately some other slower servers show up in that location, so my geo filter lets me access them. What I have been doing is adding the good servers to my Allow list, which is great but a little slow. I have to go to my PC every game and Add/Deny. My hope is that one day I will have added them all and just set ping assist to 0 and geo location in the middle of the ocean on the smallest size. What would be great is if I could add the first 4 letters of the server to the allow list which in turn would allow all servers with that first 4 characters; I think they start with 2def (I’m in work so not sure). Hope this make sense.

Also, would it be possible to make the Allow/Deny list columns sortable?

do you have fast search enabled? If so, then that will bugger up your geo filtering which may explain why your are getting 10ms ping servers? I use french and spanish servers and I have some great games. I am UK based also but to be honest and frank with you the whole BO4 game is poorly developed, there are lots of issues with it.

• Netduma Staff
20 hours ago, Tez said:

Ok well I think it’s pretty much agreed that BO4 geo filtering isn’t working quite as expected. There’s a certain server in Greece (On Geo Filter) that plays like a dream for Blackout, my ping (UK based) ranges from 10-25 ms so I know it’s not really in Greece. I think the IP lookup gave me a UK based address. Anyway, unfortunately some other slower servers show up in that location, so my geo filter lets me access them. What I have been doing is adding the good servers to my Allow list, which is great but a little slow. I have to go to my PC every game and Add/Deny. My hope is that one day I will have added them all and just set ping assist to 0 and geo location in the middle of the ocean on the smallest size. What would be great is if I could add the first 4 letters of the server to the allow list which in turn would allow all servers with that first 4 characters; I think they start with 2def (I’m in work so not sure). Hope this make sense.

Also, would it be possible to make the Allow/Deny list columns sortable?

Thanks for this feedback, that's super helpful. Sortable columns in Allow and Deny is a great idea - it's definitely something we'll do, much like the sortable columns in the Device Manager table mode you can see. We've been thinking of ways to Allow whole server banks at the same time, maybe some day the technical challenges there will be solved.

As for that server, it's definitely mis-located and there might be something we can do about it. Reckon you could provide the details of these servers showing up in Greece in this thread?