Netduma causing speed drop?

hi guys, I have a virgin media super hub 2 with a 150meg connection. On the super hub 2 I always see the speed near this range.

Now with the super hub in modem only mode, and with the R1 as the router I'm seeing an average of 5-10meg - clearly there is a bottle neck somewhere.

Out of interest I removed the R1 and replaced it with an asus rt ac87u - leaving the super hub in modem only mode - and speeds were back up at 150 meg immediately.

Any ideas what I need to be looking at?

• Netduma Staff

Hi Jae, welcome to the forums :)

Can you follow this guide to increase your speeds on the Netduma to what you pay for. You might only get 120Mbps as that is what the router currently supports but in a  couple of weeks there will be a free update to increase the speeds to over 800Mbps. Following that guide will put your speeds up to the maximum that the Netduma supports.

Also, make sure that when you test you test with congestion control on 100%, you set the correct bandwidth in congestion control and also that you do it wired and not wireless :)

• Netduma Staff

thanks guys - really helpful. managed to get it back up to c.70meg on the guide Crossy posted - will have a read through of the one you have posted too Zennon

Thats great! The one Zennon posted is very useful for getting the right settings on the router for different games - that is at the end of the guide :)

Archived